Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa Page 7

Quote: sglen @ August 20 2013, 8:02 PM BST

No I wasn't really looking for in-jokes, I just thought it was a bit slow compared with former Alan things, which I found to be well-paced.

Looks like it's just me, though :) I felt the same way about The World's End so I might just be getting nastier as I age.

I loved Alpha Papa. I think I would put it third or fourth in terms of my favourite Partridge Projects.

Totally agree with you on The World's End though. It was quite good until all the sci fi kicked in. Then it just gradually went down hill. It was ok though.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 9 2013, 11:38 AM BST

Must see it this weekend.

Only three weeks late....thoroughly enjoyed it, lots of laughs, icing on the cake would be the release of a soundtrack!

Here it is: Shop

Wow, was only joking, that is an excellent bonus, will treat myself to that I think, thanks :)

I thought it was a very funny and enjoyable way to spend an hour and a half. The only thing I found odd was how Partridge seems to have had a Benjamin Button-esque age reversal since the TV series.

Loved every minute of it and generally think it is the best comedy film of the past few years as everything has been dire.

Head and shoulders above the boring cameo fest that was This is the End everyone seemed to love this summer.

Bought the soundtrack, it's fab and tons of tracks...but Sparks 'Number One in Heaven' has to be the best of the lot.

Had the HMV colossal collector's collection version of the film which includes Blu-Ray, DVD and CD. I have to say, I thought the film was brilliant - it probably was a bit slow at the start but as it got going it provided many laugh out loud funny moments. One of the best films I've seen in a while, long may Alan continue!

The film is the worst film ever made. Horrible actors and the acting is just terrible. I don 't even know why he made Alan Partidge in the first place. Just a waste of time to watch. The old sitcom films back in the 70s are better than this piece of rubbish

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 31st December 2013, 1:15 PM GMT

The film is the worst film ever made. Horrible actors and the acting is just terrible. I don 't even know why he made Alan Partidge in the first place. Just a waste of time to watch. The old sitcom films back in the 70s are better than this piece of rubbish

Huh?

Did something bad happen this Christmas which upset you before watching Alpha Papa?

I rewatched this on Blu-ray the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it again. Plenty of laughs and it genuinely feels like a film rather than a feature length TV episode.

I'm not a big fan of Partridge but I thought I'd give it a go.

Hardly a smirk but one genuine laugh (semi-spoiler alert) at the Geordie chap near the end.

Finally got round to seeing this just before Christmas. Very funny, and a nice addition to the Partridge ouvre. That said, towards the end of the 86 minutes I found myself thinking he works better in shorter bursts.

Laughing out loud

Of course I did write a sitcom about an armed maniac who takes over a small radio station and posted an audio reduced version here taped at the sitcom mission thing a few years ago! Only saying:)