Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa Page 4

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2013, 6:23 PM BST

You can always shout it yourself in a quiet bit. The other people in the cinema are bound to love you for it.

Especially at the World premiere if you're sitting behind Coogan...you can shout it in his ears. Always an original and nice thing to do. :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 21 2013, 6:12 PM BST

Ah, ok. To be fair there were only two "Ah-ha"'s in two series of IAP as far as I remember. He said it to the estate agent and it was written on the poster of the fair. So it's not essential outside of Alan's chat show.

True.

Oh dear just heard the synopsis of this, it sounds very creaky. I hope I am wrong and this isn't yet another stinker for the British comedy film industry, but I fear the worst.

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2013, 6:23 PM BST

You can always shout it yourself in a quiet bit. The other people in the cinema are bound to love you for it.

Laughing out loud

Just watched the trailer! It looks like its going to be a good film! Bring it on!

Quote: Pingl @ April 23 2013, 10:29 PM BST

I fear the worst.

Errr

The new trailer looks pretty good. I didn't howl out loud with laughter at it, but I liked the very British feel to it. An ex-provincial DJ taking Alan hostage is a smart angle.

I really hope I didn't just see all of the funny bits in the film by watching the trailer. It's got the Coogan, Iannucci, Baynham team though so I can't see them putting out any weak material together.

But has Alan dyed his hair for his movie career?

Looks pretty funny. Although whether it's particularly cinematic remains to be seen.

It looks reasonably funny. Liked the line "We need an answer now!", "Why? Do you have another siege to go to?".
What irritates me is that Alan looks a lot younger than in IAP II.

This won't be terrible, there is no way it can be, I have never seen anything Partridge wise that I haven't enjoyed.
It may get panned by the critics but I know I will love it.

Then again I enjoyed Sex Lives Of The Potato Men...

"I am siege face." :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ June 14 2013, 8:18 AM BST

What irritates me is that Alan looks a lot younger than in IAP II.

There hasn't been a lot of continuity in Alan's ageing process over the years.

"Soft rock Cocaine enthuiasts Fleetwood Mac"

If its as funny as the teaser clip, I'm in.

Quote: chipolata @ June 14 2013, 3:15 PM BST

Quote: youngian @ June 14 2013, 5:06 PM BST

"Soft rock Cocaine enthuiasts Fleetwood Mac"

I liked those as well.

Quote: chipolata @ June 14 2013, 3:15 PM BST

There hasn't been a lot of continuity in Alan's ageing process over the years.

He's supposed to be in his mid to late forties, isn't he, with the Terry Wogan-inspired grey sideies?