Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa

Now filming in North Norfolk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-21536185

Kevin Loader, a producer on the £4m Alan Partridge Movie, said: "We felt that to do the movement to the big screen justice we needed something that would register properly cinematically and I think Cromer Pier will do that job brilliantly."

A big picture of Alan Partridge on the BBC Norfolk web-site is strangely ironic.

Plenty of detail from a fortnight ago. Nice to see the BBC as timely as ever! :)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001045/alan_partridge_the_movie_film_cast/

Quote: Aaron @ February 23 2013, 12:38 PM GMT

Plenty of detail from a fortnight ago. Nice to see the BBC as timely as ever! :)

All you've got to cover is comedy, the BBC has to cover every single thing that happens in the world.

Looking forward to seeing this in the summer!

Just can't wait for this.

Exciting stuff. nice to see Lynn and Micheal are back.

They're filming in Sheringham!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 23 2013, 5:27 PM GMT

They're filming in Sheringham!

I think it's next week, isn't it? Or tomorrow? I was tempted to take a drive down there, but can't be bothered taking a day off just for that.

'Yesterday The Norwich Evening News revealed how the town of Sheringham was preparing for a scene in which Partridge will be chased by a number of police cars.

Sheringham town mayor Doug Smith said: "The secretary of the chamber of trade and I have been talking to a film production company which will be coming to Sheringham to film a short sequence of an international movie starring Steve Coogan as Alan Partridge. The film crew will spend two days on Cromer Pier before spending one afternoon in Sheringham. They will be with us on Wednesday 27th February."

I'd skive off work for that.

Fingers crossed that this won't be shit.

Quote: Will Cam @ February 23 2013, 6:15 PM GMT

What recent films have you liked, Will Cam? I've seen you poo pooing quite a lot of pretty decent new films.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 23 2013, 2:44 PM GMT

Just can't wait for this.

That.

"an international movie"

Sheringham's Mayor Smith is getting a little over excited.

It won't be shit

And it won't be great

It'll be alright

Partridge just isn't movie material IMO

It's daft, I'd have six new eps of I'm Alan Partridge anyday

Give us a third series ya shit