Mind Your Language Page 2

Well said that man.

But...

Fawlty*

That was a summary. HE gives a really good analogy of the situation.

*and yes, sorry about that. My Fawlt.

The complete first three series (of 4) will be released by Network on November 5th. Hopefully the fourth will surface at some point.

See Amazon product listing [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/3439516/Mind-Your-Language-The-Complete-Series/Product.html]

I was around when this show was first broadcast, in the days when I watched a lot of TV comedy. I seem to remember it was pretty much second division stuff even then with the performers and stereotypes being just a little too OTT. But it's a question of taste, as always. I certainly didn't find the show offensive, just not very funny.

As someone of mixed race (Chinese/English) I've always defended this show I remember watching it with my mum and she used to love it. I watched it recently and to be honest it was a lot of word play. I still found it funny.

There was a great scene where the Spanish guy tells a joke in Spanish obviously I didn't know what he was saying but his timing and rythm made it very funny.

If you thought it was bad in the 80's you should see Pam Anns Character Lilly, absolutely horrible.

As someone of mixed race (Chinese/English) I've always defended this show I remember watching it with my mum and she used to love it. I watched it recently and to be honest it was a lot of word play. I still found it funny.

There was a great scene where the Spanish guy tells a joke in Spanish obviously I didn't know what he was saying but his timing and rythm made it very funny.

If you thought it was bad in the 80's you should see Pam Anns Character Lilly, absolutely horrible.

Quote: Aaron @ September 23, 2007, 1:40 PM

The complete first three series (of 4) will be released by Network on November 5th. Hopefully the fourth will surface at some point.

Given the production history of series 4 I assume Network are treating it as an entirely separate entitiy. I have no idea whether they attempted to get the rights to release it, but it would have been nice to have S4 included in this so-called "complete series" set too. A missed opportunity really.

Yes, I would suspect that they just couldn't get the rights. Network are generally very good with their releases, so I think it highly unlikely that they'd have chosen to release any kind of collection, let alone a "complete" one, without that final fourth series if they could help it.

With any luck, they'll be working on it for a future release.

Actually, I think I read that the company who currently hold the rights to series 4 went into administration. Could be a reason why.

I used to love this show when I was a kid (my family had episodes recorded on video, because they were fans). I bought the "best of" dvd box set a couple of years back. I love it. It's hilarious. The characters are all funny in their own way. A lot of the jokes are very clever and well written actually.

The actor who played 'Max' the Greek guy, is actually a friend of my dads. He used to work with my dad in a greengrocers before he got into acting!

i don't remember this show but i have heard that it was good

When I finish collecting 'It aint half hot mom' I'll pick these up.

Mum*

We're not bloody yanks! >_<

I've always spelled it that way... I think seasame street is to blame.
I rarely use the word. In fact I call my mother 'mother' and my father... Actually I don't have a designated term for him. HE just seems to know when I'm talking to him. How odd...

It's like The Twilight Zone! :O

Do you think it is worth buying the DVD, I have the big very best of boxset.

Depends how much you like it! I'd say that it certainly looks like a good buy, but it's really up to you!