The IT Crowd Final Special

I loved all the series 1-4. I was gutted that 5.0 never came to fruition. I have been looking forward to this special since 2011. Will we ever see it? Possibly in 2013? :D Whistling nnocently

Yeah, same here.

Hopefully they get it done finally this year.

Deffo worth new thread this speculation.

I do hope so.

Chris O'Dowd & Richard Ayoade are hot property at the moment - can't see this being made anytime soon unless they sack their agents!

Quote: AlanC @ February 17 2013, 9:41 PM GMT

Chris O'Dowd & Richard Ayoade are hot property at the moment - can't see this being made anytime soon unless they sack their agents!

What exactly are they doing currently?

I know Chris O'Dowd was in Moone Boy which was really fun and got a second series, but outside of that, I haven't heard anything else from him and I know Richard Ayoade was doing a voice for Full English which I didn't like and some panel shows as a guest on certain occasions, but outside of that, I haven't heard them doing much else.

Also there was an article a while ago on the main site of an interview with Graham Linehan where he said that the special was due this year.

Quote: Edwin @ February 18 2013, 3:09 AM GMT

What exactly are they doing currently?

I know Chris O'Dowd was in Moone Boy which was really fun and got a second series, but outside of that, I haven't heard anything else from him and I know Richard Ayoade was doing a voice for Full English which I didn't like and some panel shows as a guest on certain occasions, but outside of that, I haven't heard them doing much else.

O'Dowd is in 'Girls' on HBO, and is the lead in a new HBO show, 'Family Tree', from the creator of Spinal Tap this year, as well as having appeared in several films. Ayoade was recently in a Ben Stiller film, but has more recently been concentrating on writng and directing films. He had the acclaimed 'Submarine' out recently, and his second film, 'The Double', starring 'Zombielnd' and 'The Social Networks' Jesse Eisenberg', should be out this year.

So yeah, they've been busy.

Plus I get the impression that both Aoyade and O'Dowd think they're above that sort of thing now. I have no basis for thinking this.

They all think it eventually! Angry

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2013, 12:54 PM GMT

They all think it eventually! Angry

Are we talking about comedians or BCGers now?

I like the way those are two separate groups...

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2013, 1:03 PM GMT

I like the way those are two separate groups...

:O

I've seen Submarine - it's excellent.

O'Dowd is in Bridesmaids and is a proper Hollywood rent-a-paddy now.

There's something about his sad and very close together eyes that gets on my tits, so I'm not really sorry.

http://whythatsdelightful.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/do-you-want-to-be-in-the-it-crowd-special/

Guys! DO you want to be in the IT Crowd Special? You do? What an extraordinary coincidence! It just so happens that we NEED people to be in the IT Crowd Special. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 18 2013, 1:12 PM GMT

I've seen Submarine - it's excellent.

+1. Great movie. Ayoade is bloody brilliant - love Darkplace, love Submarine - essentially love anything with him on tbh.