Faith in the Future DVD

I've whined about this before but I need to whine again.

Faith in the Future ... we need it on DVD.

I've been watching scratchy hissy old tapes of it I made many years ago and they reaffirm my belief that it really is one of the best British sitcoms made. It's far superior even to its predecessor, Second Thoughts. I mean, Simon Pegg alone makes it worthwhile.

Why isn't this being released?

Has there ever been a successful petition for release of an old favourite?

There have been a few that seem to have proved influential, but none that I can think definitively responsible.

As it is, Network only finished releasing Second Thoughts quite recently. I hope and expect Faith In The Future to follow before too long.

Second Thoughts is currently showing on ITV3. I've been hoping when it ends they'll show Faith in the Future. But they probably won't.

Just watched a few episodes again - forgotten how enjoyable it was - great theme tune as well. To the best of my knowledge it has not been repeated on any channel since its original broadcast!?

:O

Ignore my last post, I watched a poor(ish) quality DVD of VHS transfers - Just found the full series in digital quality recorded from ITV3 --- hurrah, it does have a chance of being repeated again :)

Yes, ITV3 repeated the complete series from October 2006, I think it was. I don't believe they've shown it again since though, unlike most (all?) of their other comedy programming.

... But I've just checked, and it starts at 4:50pm on Monday 25th February. Enjoy! :)

:O :O :O
Hurray!

I am so happy this show has been shown again on TV as I have totally worn out my video tapes from the mid 1990's of this great show!
I just WISH that someone would release it on DVD! It is obviously still popular and anyone that watched Second Thoughts would live it, I actually prefer it.
Now that Simon Pegg is so famous I thought for that reason alone they would sell it on DVD, if anyone from ITV is watching PLEASE RELEASE THIS SHOW ON DVD!!!!!

Thanks x

:D

It is a good show. I watched it on ITV 3 today. But it is not my cup of tea to be perfectly honest.

I have too also got into watching these. It really is a shame this great show is not available on DVD. I have been searching and you buy a complete series copy of it for £10 where someone has taped them off a VHS to DVD. Hopefully one day they will release them properly.

Finally the news we have all been waiting for... The Complete Series due out on 13th April 2015:

See Amazon product listing

Quote: G180e @ 4th February 2015, 2:06 PM GMT

Finally the news we have all been waiting for... The Complete Series due out on 13th April 2015:

See Amazon product listing

Yes it's very good news. You were badly wanting this weren't you? I just spotted this and David Jason's A Sharp Intake Of Breath is also do for release in may. Network DVD signed up with ITV for another 10 years at the end of last year so hopefully this means there's more TV comedy to come at the speed they used to do and not just old films.