What are you watching on TV? Page 2,232

You pay over £1000 for an oled 4k TV and no 'free to air channels broadcast anything in UHD.
Then today, the BBC put out Wimbledon in uhd 4k. (Red button)
The difference is stunning.
Well done BBC.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd June 2022, 7:41 AM

The Savoy.
The first episode was very interesting showing the luxury and splendor of the hotel and Gordon Ramsay preparing his new restaurant there.
The second... we followed an over excitable house maid around making beds and laughing at herself with every sentence she said.
They ran out of ideas pretty quickly.

We watched it too - that maid woman reminds me of all of the Pristine Christine housewives around my suburb. In the last series there was a young girl who was a florist who hailed from my borough too - maybe The Savoy is some kind of suburban heaven?

I cannot abide Sean - he's a bully. Mind you the late Lynda Bellingham's son Michael does come across as somewhat dim.

Quote: zooo @ 22nd June 2022, 2:07 PM

I'm watching Sherwood. Wasn't sure about it at first, but between some very surprising moments and the fact that every new character that turns up is played by someone ridiculously famous, I'm now hooked.

Yep, enjoyed that as it was set in my old work patch. Pretty accurate accents and dialect apart from the reference to watching "Notts Forest" instead of just Forest.

Like the time travel aspect as well. It was set in 2004 but the baddie was tearing through Annesley Woods on a 2015 Honda dirt bike ;)

Quote: fasty @ 30th June 2022, 7:22 PM

Yep, enjoyed that as it was set in my old work patch. Pretty accurate accents and dialect apart from the reference to watching "Notts Forest" instead of just Forest.

Like the time travel aspect as well. It was set in 2004 but the baddie was tearing through Annesley Woods on a 2015 Honda dirt bike ;)

Hah, oops.

Actually I'm not sure I noticed that it wasn't set now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKxBXjcyRXA&t=37s

I laughed so much at this I soiled myself but It's alright lads. I always poo before i get up.

Just finished Season 4 of "Stranger Things".
Slightly weak ending - but it was always going to be with that many story-lines to tie-up.
Enjoyed the ride, though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1dx6MiZjBc

Not TV but the cinema. The new Jurassic film.
No spoilers but it's a long time since I walked out of a theatre half way through.
The script, the acting and even the cgi is woeful.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd July 2022, 9:20 AM

Not TV but the cinema. The new Jurassic film.
No spoilers but it's a long time since I walked out of a theatre half way through.
The script, the acting and even the cgi is woeful.

You should have read the reviews first. They weren't great.

My guilty secret. Jane McDonald cruising the Med.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 1st July 2022, 12:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKxBXjcyRXA&t=37s

I laughed so much at this I soiled myself but It's alright lads. I always poo before i get up.

Hey thanks! A compliment. That's three more than I normally get.
I was lucky to get Brad Pitt to play the secretary too.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 4th July 2022, 9:08 AM

Hey thanks! A compliment. That's three more than I normally get.
I was lucky to get Brad Pitt to play the secretary too.

The way you switch from lunatic to polite is very funny with great timing and summarising the list as you go is like the what have the romans ever done for us scene in Life Of Brian. Was it scripted and rehearsed?

Watching a lot of The Yorkshire Vet which I record on 5Select and then watch back to back. Very few patients die so it's more about how the vets work than the emotional side like other vet documentaries. I'm planning a trip to Thirsk to visit the James Herriot museum.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 5th July 2022, 9:28 PM

The way you switch from lunatic to polite is very funny with great timing and summarising the list as you go is like the what have the romans ever done for us scene in Life Of Brian. Was it scripted and rehearsed?

Thanks again. Yes it was scripted and we did a couple of run-throughs. After your post I asked for it to be been added to this site too https://www.comedy.co.uk/online/videos/24355/politically-ink-correct/ I get a bit Vyvan too. The funny thing is that I didn't know you were linking to my skit and it was the Vyv quote in your post that caught my attention!

I'm watching the Michael Monkhouse Show

It's total and utter f**king shit

Actually, my mate and I were trying to put a full-length stand-up show together and that was the wanking title.