What are you watching on TV? Page 2,207

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th February 2021, 9:58 AM

Not a big fan of that series, especially when you remember how funny Absolutely was. Spin-off.

Whaaa?

It's hysterical!

There was one episode I remember - something about a girlfriend with a trembling lip. The rest didn't make much impact.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th February 2021, 9:58 AM

Not a big fan of that series, especially when you remember how funny Absolutely was. Spin-off.

I loved Absolutely too but I agree it wasn't so funny.

Dave has got Whose line is it anyway? USA

Has he?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th February 2021, 8:52 PM

Has he?

No I haven't.

Quote: lofthouse @ 15th February 2021, 7:29 PM

Dave has got Whose line is it anyway? USA

Yeah, watched both of them. OK and funny if you ignore the American references, which is hard to do (!), and really only watched them because Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie were on it - they were brill!!

Yep!

Them two are the absolute kings of improv

Quote: Chappers @ 15th February 2021, 8:54 PM

No I haven't.

Only Fools and Horses reruns on Sky. Watch yer, Dave.

Dear John - series 1

Much better than id remembered

Arlo Parks talking about watching Eryka Badu when she was young!

I really am old!

Well not comedy. What happened to Friday night comedy on TV?

Quote: Chappers @ 26th February 2021, 9:07 PM

Well not comedy. What happened to Friday night comedy on TV?

Never missed The James Whale Show and my favourite segment was Justice With Jacobs when the solicitor Gary Jacobs would answer legal questions from the audience in his own direct, no nonsense way. He was like a male Judge Judy and could be harsh but was clearly a nice man and I was saddened when he passed away in 2002.

The Word was also worth a watch back then as was Raw Power for a rock music fix in the early hours of Saturday. I remember Kerrang as well but that was more glossy than Raw Power. I also remember a show called Flux where it would just be cameras in a nightclub filming people getting shit faced and dancing for hours. Like a 90s version of The Hitman and Her but with less presenting and more focus on people dancing in clubs.

Anyone remember Gary 'Justice with Jacobs' Jacobs?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th February 2021, 10:17 PM

I really am old!

No you're not - I'm really old! :(

Sadly nearing the end of Call My Agent.
Classy stuff.