What are you watching on TV? Page 2,188

I'm watching Jason Manford's "Muddle Class".

A working-class lad from a Manchester council estate, Jason has achieved considerable success in the comedy business and, with it, plenty of dosh in the bank.

Has he become middle-class? No, but his kids (having been brought up with both money and education) are middle-class!

For me, the appeal of Jason Manford is that he is not pushing any political ideology, he's not using his stand-up career as a substitute for much-needed psychotherapy, he doesn't appear to hate any particular group in our society and his act is about as family-friendly as one can reasonably expect in 2020.

The best thing about him is that he's funny.

Richard osmans house of games

Sarah Green is a MILF

Peter Crouch: Save Our Summer

OK, it's summat and nothin', but a bit of a laugh as he's certainly likable, but I mainly watch to see Maya Jama struggle to stay in the dresses she wears. Lovey

The Fred Dibnah story

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st June 2020, 2:00 PM

The Fred Dibnah story

(Just finished reading his biog.) What channel if that on?

Oh sorry it was actually just on YouTube

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/14877/

I have bad days too, when I can't even remember the date. :(

I live about a mile away from his old house!

Now a museum I understand, from the book. Have you visited? Did you ever meet him?

I never thought the day would come when I'd open a TV listings magazine and find absolutely nothing I wanted to watch.

Sadly, for some time now that has been my experience on most days of the week.

There are a few days each week when I can find a few programs that interest me - but they are rare.

And so what am I watching? Netflix.

Like normal telly, it offers the viewing public tons of crap but, unlike normal telly, it also offers lots of wonderful stuff.

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th June 2020, 7:09 PM

Sarah Green is a MILF

My maths teacher had a 'thing' about Sarah Green. And Anneka Rice. He thought it was funny. We thought he was a c**t.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st June 2020, 11:34 PM

Now a museum I understand, from the book. Have you visited? Did you ever meet him?

No I haven't

And no I never met him but you would see him occasionally driving around town

There is now a large statue in the middle of the town of him

Which , as is the way doesn't look all that much like him!

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd June 2020, 6:19 PM

Which , as is the way doesn't look all that much like him!

I concur.

Ahhhh, good old TPTV, :) broadcasting the TV series of Robin Hood (from 1955) and William Tell (from 1958), and a chance for me to wallow in my then young lad's TV viewing....................

..........Oh dear, what did I see in it. :( It was never to be missed TV for me when I was a sprog, but it hasn't travelled well. Cest la vie.

And so it carries on....................

I was looking forward to this episode of No Hiding Place, which my father and I used to watch avidly each week, and this episode "Music for Murder" was apparently one that TPTV had rescued and refurbished themselves from a private collection, and to be honest I wonder why as it was not how I remembered them - pink glasses and all that.

It was OK I suppose but not as tense as it seemed to be back in the late 50s/early 60s, with Raymond Francis as Chief Det. Supt. Tom Lockhart, working out of Scotland Yard with his sidekick played by Johnny Briggs - didn't remember him!

It did have its compensations though as this episode had the honey-pot that is Edina Ronay Lovey