What are you watching on TV? Page 2,161

Never liked her after the way she spoke to Steve Brookstein after he had just won X Factor in 2004. He was just a nobody who had won a big talent comp and she spoke to him like he was dog doo. She sounded bitter and nasty but thankfully her kids are not like that and both seem down to earth people.

Is she one of those who're just famous for being famous? I found her a pain in the arse on the programme and I'd shove her 'wows' right up- well you know the rest.

Quote: Briosaid @ 15th September 2019, 11:18 PM

Is she one of those who're just famous for being famous?

Originally, she was well known in the music industry for being the wife and manager of Black Sabbath rockstar Ozzy Osbourne. She subsequently rose to TV fame mainly as a result of a reality TV show based on the everyday home lives of Ozzie, herself and their family. At around the same time, she also became very well known on TV as a judge on The X Factor and, afterwards, a number of similar talent shows.

There are several people on TV these days who have achieved fame simply by appearing on reality TV shows: some of them are reasonably talented at what they do on TV and others are utterly useless and appeal only to viewers of limited taste and discrimination.

I wouldn't say Sharon is famous simply for being famous: she was relatively successful and certainly well respected in the world of artiste management and certainly knows a thing or two about the pop music business.

Unlike many of those who achieved fame in reality TV, I think she's good at what she does and accordingly, she deserves her success.

I bet she could curl your hair with some of her showbiz anecdotes! Laughing out loud

It's been 15 years since I last saw it and looking back now it was before he won and it could have been planned but I felt bad for Steve because you can tell from his face she is ripping him apart inside. She gets personal about someone she hardly knows calling him fake despite him having a decent singing voice. She destroyed his career before it began.

Sharon Osbourne's father was Don Arden, famous music manager of the The Move, Small Faces and ELO among many others.

At the moment very surprisingly which I am although a bit too late to say is Brassic I am just wondering about comedy sex scenes now I have seen Ryan Sampson's Tommo I wonder if he'll strip off fully or that Tommo would go that far as to do Daphane as to with someone's 83-year-old gran. the other is old classic comedy from the '70s plus new stuff. Joe Lycett makes me really laugh. today I spent two hours with a group of people and Tom Allen in Wakefield next week I m at the Leeds Playhouse. up Pompeii god bless the great Frankie Howard l hope there is a stage play of Plebs. oh yeah,' the Cleveland show.

Quote: Mabs Macbeth @ 16th September 2019, 8:51 PM

I have seen Ryan Sampson's Tommo

I used to be very friendly with Mrs Slocombe but I shall say no more.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th September 2019, 7:22 PM

Sharon Osbourne's father was Don Arden, famous music manager of the The Move, Small Faces and ELO among many others.

Not someone to get on the wrong side of.

While working at local brewery during my engineering apprenticeship college holiday I became fascinated by automated machinery, in this case a bottling plant, and so the series "How It's Made" on the Quest channel has been "riveting" for me to see the ingenuity of engineers who devise these machines that make and assemble things.

I only "raise this" now because one of them this week was how condoms are made, and as the pun the chap who does the voice over each week said "We show you the long and short of it". (Guffaw).................So that's how they make them!!
(I wonder how you become a tester in that factory.)

I'm just watching The Rob Rinder Verdict.

Absolutely splendid episode with Joanna Lumley, Stanley Johnson, Rachel Johnson and comedian Tez Ilyas.

Tez made frequent use of the F-word (in the presence of Joanna Lumley!) and came up with a number of quips that appeared to fall flat with the audience while making it clear he's no fan of the Johnson family.

At one point, Stanley was saying he'd been thinking of becoming an MP and that, in order to maximise his chance of getting on the Tory list for MPs, he was going to change his name to Mustafa.

Tez (who is of Pakistani descent) immediately asked why he thought such a change might improve his chances.

Stanley explained that at the time the Tory party was getting very ethnic and Rachel added that her dad was simply trying jump on the BAME bandwagon.

Tez disputed the existence of such a vehicle.

Rob, trying to calm things down and speaking of David Cameron, who was Tory party leader at the time of Stanley's interest in becoming an MP, attempted to explain the party's interest in non-Caucasian candidates by saying "What he was trying to do was trying to express the fact that there were insufficient numbers of . . . "

At which point Stanley interrupted with "People called Mustafa!"

You couldn't write this stuff!

Well, you could - but you'd never get it broadcast! Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2019, 6:58 AM

While working at local brewery during my engineering apprenticeship college holiday I became fascinated by automated machinery, in this case a bottling plant, and so the series "How It's Made" on the Quest channel has been "riveting" for me to see the ingenuity of engineers who devise these machines that make and assemble things.

I only "raise this" now because one of them this week was how condoms are made, and as the pun the chap who does the voice over each week said "We show you the long and short of it". (Guffaw).................So that's how they make them!!

It's what I do for a living Herc.
I watch the channel too - but I look at the controls and identify them and of course think - I'd have done that different.

FYI and it probably won't mean a damn thing to you:

As the bottles come out of the capper machine a sensor checks whether they have a cap on and another checks they are filled to the correct height.

The answer is put into a 'bit shift' with either a 1 or a 0 (1 = ok 0 = not ok)

This bit shift is continuous and looks something like this 11111111101111001111110111 where the 0's signify a faulty bottle has come through. Each bottle moves the 1's and 0's one place to the left down the bit shift.
Further down the line a reject station reads the bit shift and everytime it see's a 0 an ejector arm sends the faulty bottle down another channel.

There are even far more advanced checking stations that use colour cameras that scan the product passing at high speed and in the case of tomato's anything that is not red and round put a 0 in the bit shift.

Have a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4RWJTs0QCk

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2019, 6:58 AM

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd September 2019, 11:56 AM

It's what I do for a living Herc.

You lucky bastard - so do you test them on a lady employee or is there a machine you insert?

But more to the point HOW do I apply?!?!

You apply if you are built like king dong.
Button mushrooms need not apply.

It sounds like I would be over qualified.

I could go on at length about my qualifications. Cool