What are you watching on TV? Page 2,140

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th December 2018, 10:59 PM

The news

Jeremy Corbyn is a big liar

He quite clearly called Teresa May a "stupid heartless c**t"

Resign!

Good man. 'Insane bitch' would be my take. No, 'Insane, money-grubbing heartless bitch.

Quote: Briosaid @ 19th December 2018, 11:25 PM

Good man. 'Insane bitch' would be my take. No, 'Insane, money-grubbing heartless bitch.

Well as the saying goes it takes one to know one!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th December 2018, 7:41 PM

From the umpire - it means you're out.

Anyway, a quick look at the rules will explain it all.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.
When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.
There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

Now it all makes perfect sense!

Quote: Chappers @ 19th December 2018, 11:50 PM

Well as the saying goes it takes one to know one!

Nobody who knows me would ever call me money-grubbing. Don't know about the rest. I do believe she needs psychiatric help. I think the strain has caused her to lose her marbles (if she ever had any).

A propos of nothing, a friend once described somebody at school as walking 'as if she had a toley stuck between her legs'. Every time I see May walking, this memory comes back to me. Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th December 2018, 10:59 PM

He quite clearly called Teresa May a "stupid heartless c**t"

That's prejudice against people without genitals ! Not that they would make a big fussy about it, but still.

I'm watching in utter disbelief as various people on TV attempt to convince me that Gatwick airport has closed because somebody is flying a drone nearby.

I know that, in Britain, the rail network can be brought to a halt simply by placing a few leaves on a few railway lines but I didn't realise it was possible to bring the aviation industry right down to Earth by flying a toy plane.

Surely, Britain is today the laughing stock of the entire world.

If, in the early 1940s, Hitler had realised that the RAF could be grounded simply by having agents fold a few sheets of paper into plane-shapes and throw them over fences into British aerodromes, World War II would have come out very very differently.

I saw a U.K. news report that said that police with "high-powered rifles" were standing by to shoot down the drones.

My first thoughts:

1) Is there such a thing as a low-powered rifle? The press just throws the "high-powered" description out to excite and inflame the masses.

2) Why would someone use a rifle to take down a drone in flight? It would be like hunting pheasant with a rifle - not very easy. Surely a shotgun would be more appropriate. Upon closer examination of the photos the weapons in question appear to be shotguns.

Quote: Briosaid @ 20th December 2018, 12:15 AM

Nobody who knows me would ever call me money-grubbing. Don't know about the rest. I do believe she needs psychiatric help. I think the strain has caused her to lose her marbles (if she ever had any).

A propos of nothing, a friend once described somebody at school as walking 'as if she had a toley stuck between her legs'. Every time I see May walking, this memory comes back to me. Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

What on earth is a toley?

Quote: Briosaid @ 19th December 2018, 11:25 PM

Well I meant the insane heartless bitch bit. I've never known what a money-grubber is. Someone who eats bank notes?

Quote: Chappers @ 20th December 2018, 3:35 PM

What on earth is a toley?

?

It's a well-used word in Scotland, pretty well equivalent to 'turd'. Laughing out loudLaughing out loud*lol

I assume you know the word 'turd or 'torde' as I think Chaucer would have called it.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th December 2018, 12:17 PM

I'm watching in utter disbelief as various people on TV attempt to convince me that Gatwick airport has closed because somebody is flying a drone nearby.

I know that, in Britain, the rail network can be brought to a halt simply by placing a few leaves on a few railway lines but I didn't realise it was possible to bring the aviation industry right down to Earth by flying a toy plane.

Surely, Britain is today the laughing stock of the entire world.

If, in the early 1940s, Hitler had realised that the RAF could be grounded simply by having agents fold a few sheets of paper into plane-shapes and throw them over fences into British aerodromes, World War II would have come out very very differently.

Well, of course, anything for which Chris Grayling has responsibility, as transport secretary, is bound to end up as a shambles.

Watership Down earlier. It didn't go Down well with viewers apparently. 20 million quid on an adaption which made the original look even better than it was. It was only on as background but the glimpses I got of the chase scenes did look clunky. CGI has trouble depicting motion, moving objects look like static objects being pushed along a background rather than really moving with energy. Poor old Beeb, getting flack for everything they make these days. The original was really about the hit song Bright Eyes, which gave the film its heart. Take that away and you have a hard sell, especially if the graphics look clunky. Old fashioned animation does it better.

Quote: DaButt @ 20th December 2018, 2:14 PM

I saw a U.K. news report that said that police with "high-powered rifles" were standing by to shoot down the drones.

My first thoughts:

1) Is there such a thing as a low-powered rifle? The press just throws the "high-powered" description out to excite and inflame the masses.

2) Why would someone use a rifle to take down a drone in flight? It would be like hunting pheasant with a rifle - not very easy. Surely a shotgun would be more appropriate. Upon closer examination of the photos the weapons in question appear to be shotguns.

If it was the US , no doubt they would shoot the drone - then the person flying it too!

Shotgun is too short range for something that high I would have thought...?

'Detto Fatto'. It is total and utter f**king shit. It is total billybollocks. It makes Big Brother look like The Seventh Seal. It does however have Bianca Guaccero presenting it.

A good night's TV. Firstly I watched Victoria Wood, the Steven Merchant show, Bad Move, The Royle Family (which I've never seen before) and Would I Lie to you? Consistently funny.

Presumably this was filmed before the recent Gatwick Drone problems.

A Duty Free Christmas

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd December 2018, 4:08 AM

Watership Down earlier.

It is shit. 2 hours and not one sex scene? They're rabbits.