What are you watching on TV? Page 2,138

Boycie, Groutie and Brian Lane (New Tricks) in the Sweeney.

Last ever episode of the Brittas Empire

He wakes up on a train at the end and the previous seven series were all just a dream...

Hate it when they do daft things like that

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th December 2018, 5:05 PM

He wakes up on a train at the end and the previous seven series were all just a dream...

Hate it when they do daft things like that

It's not only daft, it's very bad writing - and it's even worse writing because that ending flatly contradicts the ending of a previous episode (1994 Christmas Special) that shows what happened to the staff after they'd left the leisure centre.

Saw the Pawn Stars episode where Steve Carrel is in the shop buying a divers knife and haggles the price upwards. "25 hundred seems a little low. I'll give you 4,000 for the knife"

Quote: Rood Eye @ 12th December 2018, 5:16 PM

It's not only daft, it's very bad writing - and it's even worse writing because that ending flatly contradicts the ending of a previous episode (1994 Christmas Special) that shows what happened to the staff after they'd left the leisure centre.

Surely it was just taking the piss out of Dallas! It's a comedy!!!!

Quote: Chappers @ 12th December 2018, 11:39 PM

Surely it was just taking the piss out of Dallas! It's a comedy!!!!

That's a possibility but it's equally possible that the writers were just being lazy. Either way, it was a dreadful thing to do to an audience.

I can, to some extent, forgive the Dallas writers because I'm sure they'd examined every other possible way to get Bobby back into the story before they decided on the "dream" idea. The fact that there probably were no other possible ways to do it makes their sin even more forgivable.

An "it was all a dream" ending is the hallmark of the inexperienced and/or the utterly shite writer.

I bet the casts eyes rolled when they read the script

Seriously??

Pah!

Murder on the Blackpool Express.

Only Fools and Horses on Christmas Gold. The episode where Rodney meets a young lady of the country set. I'm finding it so embarrassing! I don't know if my opinions of this kind of thing have changed over the years or if I would have found it so embarrassing then.

New Simpsons.

Give me old Simpsons any day.

It's lost its charm.

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th December 2018, 6:15 PM

New Simpsons.

Give me old Simpsons any day.

It's lost its charm.

I watched it for the first time in years tonight. Was that a new one? It was a bit closer to Family Guy than I remember.

Yep

They've modernised it

It's got a Family Guy vibe, but without the profanity and filth

Which is the only appeal of Family Guy

Personally I'd like a Simpsons where Bart and Lisa are teens and Maggie can speak - evolve it

Love the episodes set in the future like Lisa's Wedding and the other one where Lisa is president and Bart is a loser. I think that's the same episode where they mention President Trump.

Tried watching RoboCop 2 and lasted 29 minutes. What a pile of crap. I've seen it before and had forgotten what an insult it is to the original.

I should be watching "The Apprentice" final but instead, I'm watching "British Sports Personality of the Year" because it's overrunning.

They've announced the winner (of whom I have never heard) and we are now being played out by somebody called George Ezra (who is allegedly one of Britain's top musical artists but of whom I have also never heard).

Watching brief snippets of (American) football while brewing 10 gallons of IPA in my garage. It's nice and warm (20C/68F), but Mountain Cedar (actually a species of juniper) pollen has reared its ugly head to the tune of 17,000 grains per cubic meter of air. It's apparently the most noxious pollen in the world, so even with daily doses of antihistamine I'm a snotty wreck. Mountain Cedar season has barely even begun, so I can count on 2 more months of sneezy, red-eyed Hell.