What are you watching on TV? Page 2,126

Barry Davies. I always thought he was better than Motson.

Sky Press Preview. Hearing about Jacob Rees-Mogg makes me want to spew as usual. String him up by the balls from the nearest lamp post - not that I'm extreme, or anything.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th July 2018, 10:56 PM

Barry Davies. I always thought he was better than Motson.

Yes, he gave the impression he was interested in more than just football stats.

Quote: Briosaid @ 8th July 2018, 10:51 PM

Sky Press Preview. Hearing about Jacob Rees-Mogg makes me want to spew as usual. String him up by the balls from the nearest lamp post - not that I'm extreme, or anything.

Praise be!

Amazing watching these old Minder, Sweeney, Professionals programmes on ITV4 to see actors who went on to other things. John Savident or Fred Elliot in today's Professionals.

"I say... ... Fred Elliot in today's Professionals"

The opposite of that occurred on my tv yesterday.
Watching The King of Queens comedy show,who should appear as a middle aged wedding reception band leader but Peter Tork.It was no daydream,believe me.

Just watched this interview with John Cleese on Newsnight. Love the way he keeps calling the lovely Emily just Maitlis.

He is in a very priveleged position though and he makes no comment about his recent sitcom although not really being complimentary about British comedy. Also he says nobody really followed on from Monty Python but maybe League of Gentlemen was as close as you could think but also maybe you just couldn't imitate it. It was fairly unique.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06df6qd

Oh no. F**king Newsnight analysing English nationalisism around the England football team.

It's just a f**king game. We're not in the final. We could finish third. But f**king get over it. Don't f**king analyse what you know NOTHING about!

Quote: Chappers @ 11th July 2018, 10:54 PM

Oh no. F**king Newsnight analysing English nationalisism around the England football team.

It's just a f**king game. We're not in the final. We could finish third. But f**king get over it. Don't f**king analyse what you know NOTHING about!

Wise words (I'm amazed to say).

Mrs Merton and Malcolm

"Treeemendooo"

"Sailor Beware" on Talking Pictures TV.

With Peggy Mount, Esma Cannon, Shirley Eaton & Thora Hird

Some big names there but Esma was only 4'7" apparently.
You obviously don't have to be big to steal a scene.

Following on from "Sailor Beware" yesterday, it's "Dry Rot" on Talking Pictures TV today. Again with Peggy Mount. Plus Ronald Shiner, Sid James, Brian Rix & Joan Sims.

Coincidentally, both films made my list of my favourite British comedy films elsewhere on these forums earlier this year so am being rather spoilt by the schedulers this week:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th March 2018, 2:17 PM

Difficult to bring to mind all those I've seen over the years but I would include, as well as The Ladykillers (of course), The Love Match and the Inspector Hornleigh films, which have all already been mentioned on this thread:

* At least some of the various Huggetts films with Jack Warner & Kathleen Harrison

* Sailor Beware with Peggy Mount, Shirley Eaton & Esma Cannon (although I prefer it on stage)

* Dry Rot with Brian Rix, Ronald Shiner, Sid James & Peggy Mount (although ditto)

* Brothers-in-Law with Terry Thomas & Ian Carmichael (the radio version of which with Richard Briers is currently on Radio 4 Extra on Fridays)

* A Fire Has Been Arranged with Bud Flanagan, Chesney Allen & Robb Wilton (on which the plot of the later film "The Big Job" with Sid James, Dick Emery, Jim Dale & Joan Sims was based)

* Smart Alec with Leslie Dwyer & Charles Hawtrey plus Kynaston Reeves & Edward Lexy (Mr Quelch & Mr Prout respectively of Greyfriars School)

* The Miss Marple films of Margaret Rutherford (charmingly amusing if not strictly comedies)

A very old episode of the simpsons

Lou the cop was originally white! (Or yellow technically)

Who da thunk it