What are you watching on TV? Page 2,125

Quote: zooo @ 27th May 2018, 11:08 PM

And Paul Reubens!

I witnessed chip's yearly visit. I feel special.

He's done 29,000 posts so at one a year you must be older than you look zoo - just a little bit!

Following the surge of interest on my comments on 'Loro' actually being Berlusconi's work... I had a chat with an Italian guy recently. There were a couple of anti-Mafia movies out here and I said, Wasn't the director shitting himself about denouncing them? He said there were strong rumours - nothing concrete - that it was actually the Mafia who'd funded both epics, and even encouraged the portrayal to be as ruthless as possible. That way people would take them more seriously than ever and the movies would, paradoxically, reassert rather than undermine their position. As I said, nothing was proven, but it's a fascinating theory.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 29th May 2018, 10:03 AM

Following the surge of interest on my comments on 'Loro' actually being Berlusconi's work... I had a chat with an Italian guy recently. There were a couple of anti-Mafia movies out here and I said, Wasn't the director shitting himself about denouncing them? He said there were strong rumours - nothing concrete - that it was actually the Mafia who'd funded both epics, and even encouraged the portrayal to be as ruthless as possible. That way people would take them more seriously than ever and the movies would, paradoxically, reassert rather than undermine their position. As I said, nothing was proven, but it's a fascinating theory.

Nothing concrete? That's a bonus.

:)

There are rumours Dusty Springfield can't form irregular past participles, but nothing has been proved. It's a scandal.
The worst Desperate Housewives has to be number 100. I know they wanted to do something different and it's a tribute to this, like, totally awesome dude the producer knew, but the episode itself is mawkish, boring and unfunny. I hate it when they add this mystery character that was there all along just to eke out another chapter, like Saw. It's similar to the fourth HHGTHG where the demolition of the Earth was just 'a set of hallucinations' - it's too obviously an excuse to get a new book out.

"Jigsaw" on Talking Pictures TV.

With a fine cast of old British actors - Jack Warner (as a policeman naturally), Brian Oulton, Ray Barrett, Norman Chappell, John Barron ("I didn't get where I am today..."), John Le Mesurier, Timothy Bateson, Reginald Marsh, John Horsley ("Doc Morrissey") Robert Raglan. Even Gerald Campion.

Interesting shots of 1960s Brighton & Hove.

'Meet the Fockers' and not for the first time. A real good laugh.

I am watching the tv mini series version of Picnic At Hanging Rock. For those not familiar with Picnic.. it is based on Joan Lindsay's book and the powerful 1975 film of the same name.

Headlining the superb Australian cast is Game of Thrones favorite Natalie Dormer as the mysterious Mrs Appleyard.. the headmistress of the ladies finishing school around which the story is based. The principle plotline is the disappearance of three schoolgirls on an excursion to the spookie Hanging Rock site.

Anyone seen this mesmerizing series?

Who do you think you are (American version)
I was half watching this the other day when Courtney Cox was the subject.
They did the usual of tracing her roots - which came back to England and how she was related to landed gentry and barons.
She seemed a lovely lady - and acting as Monica in Friends was not a stretch for her, she was just the same.
Then they told her, that her great great grandad 18 times back was the King of England Edward the 2nd.
She had no idea, no one in her family had ever mentioned such a thing and she was really shocked.

They then followed her direct line back further from him and she is the great great granddaughter (20X) of William the conqueror.

Watching Countryfile where they're talking about Sandringham.

There was a bloke who trained some dogs for the Queen.

"She named the dogs after a pop group. I can't remember what they were called. She called the dogs Dave, Dee, Dozy, Mick and Titch."

I wonder what group they were named after? Note no Beaky.

I remember them. Just googled and as I suspected they didn't have a group name, just the list of their own names, including Beaky.

One foot in the grave - on Yesterday

Sorry! Is on next

RRRRAAANNNGGWWIIDDDGEEE TIMMUURRTHHEYYYYYYY

I've been watching The Bill on Yesterday and some of the extras could be a bit weak at times but every episode reminds me of how good all the main characters were to make it immersive.

Right now I'm watching Demolition Man on ITV4. Easy to watch action flick and Wesley Snipes is f****** scary.

Edit: Just saw something very strange in Demolition Man. Stallone says the line "You're the guy that was outside Taco Bell" but watching the same scene just now it was very badly dubbed to "You're the guy that was outside Pizza Hut".

He is full screen so you can see how his mouth moves differently and it was so obvious. Could relations with Taco Bell and the film company soured so it had to be changed or could it be ITV4 dubbing it with something more appropriate for the UK audience? It was like something the Simpsons would have done and looked comical.

A young, slim and attractive Maureen Lipman in the Sweeney.

I still think she's attractive though.

Really??

I'd rather shag Jack Regan