What are you watching on TV? Page 2,093

Quote: zooo @ 7th September 2016, 4:50 PM

Which Ikea advert?

The one with (presumably) the Granddad and Granddaughter doing the cooking. When he puts the tomatoes to his eyes.

We Love Sitcom. Mostly awful.

Just saw on the listings "The Doctor Who Gave Up Drugs."

Alas nothing to do with Time Lords going clean.

Just watching Bergerac from this afternoon with a young(er) Prunella Scales.

The Likely Lads.

Great opening sequence - very atmospheric - but the theme song isn't appropriate.

Wrong lyrics.

It should have been used for One Foot in the Grave.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th September 2016, 8:58 PM

The Likely Lads.

Great opening sequence - very atmospheric - but the theme song isn't appropriate.

Wrong lyrics.

It should have been used for One Foot in the Grave.

I think I watched them twice through on Drama. Been overdosed on it now.

Just watching a Minder with Gary Webster in it.

WILTY? Harry Shearer looks like Baldrick.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th September 2016, 8:36 PM

WILTY? Harry Shearer looks like Baldrick.

Very funny episode.

Mrs Browns Boys. A Christmas episode. Seen the show a few times, but just can't get into it, although the movie was on the other night and didn't mind that.

Noddy - Toy Detective - The Case of the Dazzle Dragon
Wissper - The Shy Kangaroo
Peppa Pig - Pottery
Thomas and Friends - On The Fat Controller's Birthday

Notwithstanding the woeful misspelling in the second of these titles, I was marginally reassured by most of the content in the programmes. So much had seemed to be lost after Shirley and Dolly Collins and Fairport Convention, not to mention the psychedelic extremities of the West Coast sound. With hindsight, the 1960s were never revolutionary but rather a harking back to the mysticism of Warlock and the pastoral quality of an EJ Moeran. The direct link, inevitably, having been Bestall and Blyton who informed almost everything about who many of us always have been and are now.

Who could ever forget Pip on his toadstool, the Victorian sprites who danced so persuasively about him and Rupert check trousered in a distant fen with three dark chaps playing ukeleles? Crucially from an academic perspective, individual characterisation had rarely mattered. It was, I contend, all about the opium mists which swirled in and around the dreamy woodland to provide an atmosphere that was neither here nor there. Steam trains may now have talking faces. What was presented as a smile in their authority figure was hardly Beatrice and Eugenie. These minor gripes aside, there was still an essence. And, yes, it transcended De Manio and even Liddell in his prime, albeit driven through 21st Century prisms with highly distinctive voices.

Just stumbled across "Hunted" on Channel 4. Quite intriguing and it took me about 5 minutes to work out exactly what was going on.

Was it 'real' (as far as it can be) or semi scripted? I couldn't really tell from the adverts.

It appears to be a kind of game show with real (innocent) people being hunted by real hunters - I think - such as detectives etc.

Ah, thanks! Might give it a watch then.
Can't stand scripted stuff pretending to be real.

I have always suspected that of QI

Not all of it but some of the obscure facts that the guests know all about.

Their delivery is stilted and fake

Like when Daniel Ratcliffe knew something about a goose or geese

Yeah sure you know all about that Daniel, your'e still wet behind the ears.

Backstage: 'ere Daniel, have a quick gen up on these facts then we'll make sure there is a question you can answer'

Just watched National Treasure on iplayer.

Quite haunting and thought-provoking.

Is it only me who thinks that maybe Tim Mcinnerny seems ultra creepy? I'm sure he's got something to hide.