What are you watching on TV? Page 2,027

Did I dream it last night or there was yesterday evening a promo for Top Gear coming up on BBC2 with the usual crew presenting it, including Clarkson of course. :S

They filmed most of, if not a whole series I believe. Of course they're going to broadcast it, especially in light of all the attention it has got and will get.

Probably. The BBC say they are doing a mish mash of the unbroadcasted episodes.
Chris Evans hinted he might be taking over the show on TFI last week.

But the top gear three have been tweeting from South Africa recently........ Hmmmm

Wasn't the last series finished half way through when the debacle started up?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ 7th August 2007, 12:51 AM BST

my parents are watching Grand Designs...its all about Wales :|

Re-designing Wales, well that it Grand. Scotland could do with a lick of paint, when are they doing that ?

Can't Hardly Wait. Think I was just a year or so too young when it first came out. Somehow never seen it and now it has either dated terribly or I'm way too old for it....I'm thinking it's more of the latter.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th June 2015, 2:48 PM BST

OK, so TFI - a little Sunday afternoon quiz, and without looking it up, what TV series does the theme tune come from?

Man In A Suitcase?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 16th June 2015, 1:14 PM BST

Man In A Suitcase?

Yup, give the man a cigar. :D

Good TV series actually that I used to watch regularly.

I saw the question when you posted it on Sunday, and the answer finally floated into my consciousness this morning. :)

I used to watch the daytime repeats, back in the early 90s. Lots of fun.

It was a choice between that tune and one other
They played them to the audience during the first show & we voted which one we preferred

I'm trying to think what the other one was
It was another 60's TV show though I remember that

Blimey, you've got a good memory Steve - I don't remember that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th June 2015, 9:33 AM BST

Did I dream it last night or there was yesterday evening a promo for Top Gear coming up on BBC2 with the usual crew presenting it, including Clarkson of course. :S

You can say what you want about Clarkson but the BBC is hypocritical in this case. Why are they still showing the repeats?

They declare him persona non grata but still show an episode per day.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th June 2015, 2:20 PM BST

Blimey, you've got a good memory Steve - I don't remember that.

Oh no I went to the live show
That's where they tested out the theme tunes (before the show started)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th June 2015, 2:33 PM BST

Oh no I went to the live show
That's where they tested out the theme tunes (before the show started)

Didn't they film them at Riverside Studios in Hammersmith? I lived in Putney at the time.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th June 2015, 2:31 PM BST

You can say what you want about Clarkson but the BBC is hypocritical in this case. Why are they still showing the repeats?

They declare him persona non grata but still show an episode per day.

The BBC never declared him persona non grata, they carefully didn't extend a nearly completed contract. And even then hired him back for the road show and the last 2 episodes. With even the most senior execs mumbling there could be an accomadation in the future.

It kinda shows that the BBC doesn't seem to have much of a direction at present.