Quote: Lazzard @ February 11 2013, 12:21 PM GMT

Whoops!
Misinterpreted your first sentence.

Sorry, I meant "help feel".

Not a good start...

Looks like the deadline for this has been extended to March 29th

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/the-show-what-you-wrote

Good, good. Less of a rush now.

<procrastinates for an additional three weeks and tries to write them all five minutes before deadline>

Dan

That's a very sensible decision from the BBC.

Quote: swerytd @ February 21 2013, 2:43 PM GMT

<procrastinates for an additional three weeks and tries to write them all five minutes before deadline>

I thought it was just me! phew.

Quote: DubiousG @ February 21 2013, 2:31 PM GMT

Looks like the deadline for this has been extended to March 29th

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/the-show-what-you-wrote

That is great news. And it's now post-Newsjack. Thank you BBC.

^ I wonder if that's part of the reason for extending the deadline. Either way it's good news.

Are you guys using the suggested Newsjack Word document format for these TSWYW sketches?

Yup, I am. Think it's pretty much radio standard, that format.

What sort of tone do you think they're looking for with the one-liners? Similar to Newsjack?

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 23 2013, 4:45 PM GMT

What sort of tone do you think they're looking for with the one-liners? Similar to Newsjack?

It's difficult to predict when we don't know the format of the show. Will it have a 'live' presenter as such etc.?

I tweeted a question a week or so ago asking for tips but not heard anything back.

According to the guidelines:

- Each week, one performer will act as the host figure, introducing the show to the audience. It's worth listening to Justin Edwards on NewsJack to give you an idea of the way that might work.-

With newsjack you can play on Justin's character which you can't on this show. I think if you did some one-liners or a monologue/stand up routine, they could pick out any of the lines they wanted.

Quote: BenBroughton @ February 23 2013, 1:51 PM GMT

^ I wonder if that's part of the reason for extending the deadline. Either way it's good news.

People not knowing what kitchen sink is, for a start.

I'm not sure if having four more weeks would automatically increase subs. Not sure what more I can add to the subjects.

Tweets rarely get answers from pros, except when specifically asked for. Better off writing off for details.

Could anyone show me the format for the type of layout these people want?

Here's a Newsjack template that you can use.

Dan