The Show What You Wrote Page 3

Sorry, my sums were wrong. I forgot that we will all be writing 100 sketches and then sending the best 50.

Dan

This is a brilliant and poorly timed opportunity, good bye productivity in work. Good bye sleep.

Quote: blahblah @ February 5 2013, 2:57 PM GMT

Is everyone else reading it as one deadline for all episodes?

I wasn't, but am now..thanks!

I wonder why they are allowing ten per episode, seems a lot.

Shush! Before they realise!

Dan

On the off chance, is anyone here a member of the Northern Writers Group that did a session on this the other day? Couldn't make it because I was working but wanted to know if Jo/Carl had any hints and tips to share that aren't on the brief?

Somehow I imagine they are expecting to have to 'put aside' a lot of the entries hence the massive leeway with numbers.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ February 6 2013, 11:23 AM GMT

This is a brilliant and poorly timed opportunity, good bye productivity in work. Good bye sleep.

Unless you have been accepted by Newsjack, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. After all, quantity isn't always a good thing. Just coming up with a barrel load doesn't guarantee acceptance.

Think I have more chance with this with Newsjack. Later deadline, non topical. Problem with topical stuff, almost everyone does the same thing, and a lot of people have the same angle too, it seems (maybe I'm just not original enough, heh).

Already got a few ideas for this I'll be writing this weekend.

I can't feel that Kitchen Sink is probably a good episode to try writing for. Not many people know what it is.

Kitchen sink realism as well as dirty working class houses seems to be about grotty pubs and Industrial cities. It was mostly a theatrical thing. Not all that topical.

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 11 2013, 9:37 AM GMT

I can't feel that Kitchen Sink is probably a good episode to try writing for. Not many people know what it is.

Might mean there'll be less competition, though.

Quote: Lazzard @ February 11 2013, 10:00 AM GMT

Might mean there'll be less competition, though.

Kind of why I highlighted it...

So lots of sketches about plumbing and cooking?

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 11 2013, 12:00 PM GMT

Kind of why I highlighted it...

Whoops!
Misinterpreted your first sentence.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ February 6 2013, 11:23 AM GMT

Glad to see I'm not the only one whose productivity is affected by writng?

Just noticed that I mistitled the thread, could a Mod/Admin change it to The Show What You Wrote. Thanks.