Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe - Series 1

Not sure if there's a thread for this, so here's one.

I enjoyed it a lot, although I wasn't sure about the discussion bit with the Scottish woman and the man off Pointless. Seemed to be like an attempt to introduce some of the chatty bits from the Channel 4 shows he's done. I much prefer to just see Charlie ranting at the camera.

I could have done without the American ranty bloke. And maybe even Barry Shitpeas and the lady whose name I've forgotten.
I quite liked the Susan Calman/Richard Osman bit as they were funny, but next week when it's presumably different people it might be rubbish.

Overall though, jolly good stuff.

Hilarious, as usual, but I agree with this.

Quote: chipolata @ February 1 2013, 10:52 AM GMT

I wasn't sure about the discussion bit with the Scottish woman and the man off Pointless. Seemed to be like an attempt to introduce some of the chatty bits from the Channel 4 shows he's done. I much prefer to just see Charlie ranting at the camera.

The Scottish woman is Susan Calman from The News Quiz etc. chip.

Quote: zooo @ February 1 2013, 11:13 AM GMT

I could have done without the American ranty bloke

Yes, never really liked this.

Quote: zooo @ February 1 2013, 11:13 AM GMT

I could have done without the American ranty bloke. And maybe even Barry Shitpeas and the lady whose name I've forgotten.

No, I like Barry Shitpeas! :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 1 2013, 11:17 AM GMT

No, I like Barry Shitpeas! :D

I like him too, and the woman, whatever her name is.

Brilliant great format looking forward to next week

It was bloody great

As expected

Like TV Burp

but without the stupid f**king puppets

How dare you speak ill of the knitted character.

Quote: chipolata @ February 1 2013, 10:52 AM GMT

I enjoyed it a lot, although I wasn't sure about the discussion bit with the Scottish woman and the man off Pointless. Seemed to be like an attempt to introduce some of the chatty bits from the Channel 4 shows he's done. I much prefer to just see Charlie ranting at the camera.

At least it's better than just having a discussion alone in a programme and calling that entertainment...

Doug Stanhope is brilliant. One of the best shouty American blokes ever

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 2 2013, 10:59 AM GMT

Doug Stanhope is brilliant. One of the best shouty American blokes ever

Agreed Doug Stanhope is brilliant.

His section went on a bit for me. But then I just want more Brooker.

Quote: zooo @ February 2 2013, 11:22 AM GMT

His section went on a bit for me. But then I just want more Brooker.

Yeah, I never get much out of the Stanhope bits.

Quote: Gavin @ February 2 2013, 11:20 AM GMT

Agreed Doug Stanhope is brilliant.

I'd never heard of this guy before but I really liked his bit.

Surprised how many people object to him.

I thought Stanhope had we Brits down perfectly

Good episode! Highlights were Stanhopes joke at Britain rebuilding its 1100 year old road system after the WWII bombings as a "spit in the face to Hitler" and the whole Lance Armstrong thingy ("dropping the ball").

As for the Barry Shitpeas segments, I like what they say but the "average bloke" aspect of it is a bit too contrived and off-putting.