John Bishop's Only Joking

Anyone else seen this? Caught it last week and struck me as a weird mix of The Comedians meets that show Michael Aspel used to do where the kids gave the answers. Not sure if it works or not. Clearly they got a load of comics to shoot a string of gags and then just chopped it all up and interspersed it with schoolchildren and members of the public telling jokes too. Some good laughs in there, but it's a bit like waiting for buses in the freezing cold. It's nice when one comes along, but the waiting can be very painful at times.

Quote: Aldeem @ January 25 2013, 4:39 PM GMT

interspersed it with schoolchildren and members of the public telling jokes too.

No thanks.

John Bishop! If he didn't have kids or a wife I don't think he could be a stand up comedian. He's been around on our TV screens for what, 3 years and all I have heard him talk about is kids, kids, kids and the odd wife joke. The same old gags spun around time after time.

He's not funny. The thing with the kids is nothing new, bring back Ronnie Corbett and that show Small Talk. Now that was funny.

Stealing a living

BBC, quit wasting my licence fee on awful 'comedians' like this

He is dreadful

Quote: lofthouse @ January 25 2013, 6:56 PM GMT

BBC, quit wasting my licence fee on awful 'comedians' like this

It's on Sky ya wee gobshite! (Sorry I've just been watching Still Game as a Burns Night treat).

Yea

But the scouse cock bag is always on the beeb

They even gave him his own show recently

Nowwgettitriiiiiightrupyaaaaaaz

His teeth look nice though.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ January 25 2013, 4:54 PM GMT

John Bishop! If he didn't have kids or a wife I don't think he could be a stand up comedian. He's been around on our TV screens for what, 3 years and all I have heard him talk about is kids, kids, kids and the odd wife joke. The same old gags spun around time after time.

I wrote that in a different thread :

I hate:

-Gay stand-up comedians whose gig (or entire career) consists only of jokes about being gay, embarrassing fellow gays and homophobics

-muslim stand-up comedians whose gig (or entire career) consists only of jokes about being a muslim, embarrassing fellow muslims and racists.

-female stand-up comedians whose gig (or entire career) consists only of jokes about being a woman, embarrassing fellow women and sexists.

You can expand this list with anything you want.

He would have been fine in the 1970s with Stan Boardman and that lot.

But it's not the 70s.

So f**k off.

I like him.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ January 26 2013, 7:27 PM GMT

I like him.

Laughing out loud

Perfect response.

Lots of gags - some are funnier than others, some celebs are cringe making (but it's good to know telling jokes isn't that easy).

More laughs per half hour than most TV so it's on my series links.

Nothing against JB - wife & kids jokes work for me - but I have both so I need to laugh about them sometime!
:)

I haven't seen this and have only seen glimpses of Bishop on TV but I see what he's doing, he's taking the McIntyre clean cut family man approach to comedy that was missing for so long, and proved very successful for MM. He looks very smart in that pic I must say. Credit to him.

It is a poor show. Does not work.

Accidentally caught the end of some show he was in this week - how he's classed as a comedian is beyond me.

Absolute rubbish!!