Should I get OFAH Complete Page 2

Aaron knows that someone has a got an UN cut Royal Flush DVD. He almost banned him for trolling then he posted the link.

Quote: David Smith @ August 26 2013, 8:02 PM BST

Aaron knows that someone has a got an UN cut Royal Flush DVD. He almost banned him for trolling then he posted the link.

I would like to have that copy of A Royal Flush.

Posts are not disappearing. It sounds like you have a problem with your web browser where it is storing an old version of the page and showing you that, rather than reloading it.

See if you can find an option to clear something called a cache, temporary browsing history, temporary internet files, browser cache, or words to similar effect.

Quote: george roper @ August 26 2013, 8:03 PM BST

I would like to have that copy of A Royal Flush.

The magazine edition of A Royal Flush which I have is uncut. Even though it says it is edited, it is not.

How do you know, Greg?

Quote: Longingfortheoldclassics @ August 26 2013, 7:43 PM BST

More about the edits here, answered by John Sullivan's son.

http://www.ofah.net/blog/jim-sullivan-on-only-fools-and-horses-cuts/

It's actually talking about edits made for recent new TV repeats, not DVD releases, but thanks all the same - an interesting read indeed. (And incredbily depressing.)

Quote: Aaron @ August 26 2013, 8:40 PM BST

How do you know, Greg?

It's actually talking about edits made for recent new TV repeats, not DVD releases, but thanks all the same - an interesting read indeed. (And incredbily depressing.)

It is 80 some odd minutes in length where as the other DVD version is a 2004 60 minute version, so in the magazine release it has an extra 20 odd minutes making it unedited.

Quote: G180e @ August 26 2013, 8:42 PM BST

It is 80 some odd minutes in length where as the other DVD version is a 2004 60 minute version, so in the magazine release it has an extra 20 odd minutes making it unedited.

Well, it means it's a different edit. It doesn't mean that there aren't still cuts.

According to my records, the episode as originally broadcast was only 75 minutes long anyway. Very very weird.

I seem to recall the edits to that special being John Sullivan's own work. In that case I wish they'd release the DVD with both as broadcast and writer's edit versions on. Not difficult at all.

Quote: Aaron @ August 26 2013, 8:44 PM BST

Well, it means it's a different edit. It doesn't mean that there aren't still cuts.

According to my records, the episode as originally broadcast was only 75 minutes long anyway. Very very weird.

I seem to recall the edits to that special being John Sullivan's own work. In that case I wish they'd release the DVD with both as broadcast and writer's edit versions on. Not difficult at all.

Yes it probably is 75 minutes, I know it's on over an hour I just couldn't remember the exact timing and yes I agree.

By the way, my boxset has come and I'm now watching it, the packaging is lovely but the DVDs are exact re-issue with all the same menus and stuff.

Quote: G180e @ August 26 2013, 10:16 AM BST

Still considering this, shall I buy it? I have them all separately in the old packaging and some are scratched, shall I get the 2011 complete collection set?

Quote: G180e @ August 26 2013, 2:40 PM BST

Cheers Aaron. I have now ordered and found someone who is going to pay me for the non scratched discs.

Quote: G180e @ August 26 2013, 8:48 PM BST

By the way, my boxset has come and I'm now watching it, the packaging is lovely but the DVDs are exact re-issue with all the same menus and stuff.

Blimey, that was quick!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ August 26 2013, 9:00 PM BST

Blimey, that was quick!

I cancelled the order and purchased it from Asda.

Not disappointed because they re-packaged the same discs?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ August 26 2013, 9:10 PM BST

Not disappointed because they re-packaged the same discs?

No I'm not disappointed, some of my old ones were scratched so needed replacing.