Help identifying film

I saw a surreal British B&W comedy about ten / fifteen years ago. It was set in London, I think. All I remember is a mad character going on about extending the Central Line so that it stretched across Europe. There was a long journey in a black cab at one point. It's entirely possible I dreamt the whole thing...

Can anyone help?

Do you have the slightest recollection of what anyone in it may have looked like? We're not talking Spike Milligan or such, I assume?

No, I don't remember anyone famous being in it. It was fairly low budget, but feature length, I'm fairly sure. Surreal and disturbing but definitely funny. I think it was made around the year 2000.

Black and white but a recent production? Huh. Well I really haven't the foggiest then. Anyone else?

Perhaps you could join this tube anorak forum and ask there. http://districtdave.proboards.com/index.cgi I thought it sounded a bit Arthur Smith like, but an IMDb search pulls up nowt.

Thanks for all the help. I tracked it down in the end. It was called "The Nine Lives of Tomas Katz". Very surreal and art-housey on the surface, but genuinely funny underneath. Hard to track down but I'd recommend it...