Should I get The Detectives?

A few mates have been telling me how funny this show. Noticed it's not repeated much so do you think I should get it on DVD. £5 each at the moment in HMV.

I think so. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_detectives/buy/

Hmm

Well I have every series

It fine

Don't expect something out of this world

It's...okay

Mostly

I'd say yes... Based on the fact that your mates ( who presumably have a better idea about your sense of humour than us strangers have ) have said so.

Oh... And Jesus is in it. What more do you want for five quid?

I would also say yes, on the basis that it's very funny indeed, and includes one of the greatest comedy pairings in British sitcom history.

Quote: Aaron @ January 9 2013, 10:01 PM GMT

I would also say yes, on the basis that it's very funny indeed, and includes one of the greatest comedy pairings in British sitcom history.

Oh yeah... And that too!

The acting is a bit rubbish & the jokes are mostly corny.
But it's enjoyable stuff anyway.

Now come on! The acting is splendid and tremendous.

The acting/cast is great

I just think quite a few of the story lines weren't up to much

I've seen several series over the holidays and it is an easyviewing experience, but I would not be so sure as getting all the series.

Thanks everyone for the advice! Might not get them yet, just checked out the guide and noticed they're being repeated on CC Extra. Might have a look at them before I buy!

Watched 4 Episodes of the six and I had to turn it off , I thought it was dated and unfunny overall. Glad it was only £3 in the end! Staright down the charity shop this is going!

It's silly and silly is good. I liked footie episode (Series 1 episode 2) with them watching Birmingham (Jasper Carrot's team) v Man Utd (Robert Powell's team) in the FA Cup Final. It all ended up in a hostage situation. :D

Quote: Tuumble @ January 18 2013, 4:13 PM GMT

It's silly and silly is good. I liked footie episode (Series 1 episode 2) with them watching Birmingham (Jasper Carrot's team) v Man Utd (Robert Powell's team) in the FA Cup Final. It all ended up in a hostage situation. :D

That's the thing

THAT ep is fantastic and it's one of the first ones

It's really really good stuff

For me they never ever reached those heights again