BBC's Hustle

Hustle-Con Programme which ended last year.
It had 8 Series.
It's a brilliantly epic programme!

HUSTLE IS MY FAVOURITE PROGRAMME EVER! ALL 48 EPISODES ARE JUST BRILLIANT!

Best Series?-All of them!
Best characters?-Mickey,Albert,Ash

They now even show it on a German TV channel. Just caught the trailer for it a few days ago.

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ January 9 2013, 7:36 PM GMT

Hustle-Con Programme which ended last year.
It had 8 Series.
It's a brilliantly epic programme!

It was enjoyable, but brilliant? Some of the plots severely tested credulity.

I liked the one when they said lets do the old sting con and then did The Sting storyline .. jaw dropping

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 10 2013, 8:45 AM GMT

They now even show it on a German TV channel.

I knew it! You do have 'Nazi GOLD'!

:D

Dan

The one on the left side played Miles in OFAH's "Mother Nature's Son", didn't he?

Quote: swerytd @ January 10 2013, 11:46 AM GMT

I knew it! You do have 'Nazi GOLD'!

Laughing out loud I'll have to tune in to it next time I go skiing. Maybe they'll have the complete series of Heil Honey I'm Home running. :)

Hustle was one of those BBC flatpack shows I just couldn't take seriously despite wanting to watch it for Robert Vaughan's casting. It seemed from the first seconds I turned it on, incredibly sure of itself and super slick, but from what little I saw, a bit ridiculous.

The early plots were quite clever and feasable but then they really went downhill.
Holes big enough to get a bus through!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 14 2013, 10:47 AM GMT

The one on the left side played Miles in OFAH's "Mother Nature's Son", didn't he?

The one on the left was in Peter Davisons last Dr Who episode.
But more importantly he's Gene Hunts brother

I've recently rewatched series 1-3 and and I still found it to be brilliant entertainment. It hasn't dated much (old technology - Nokia) at all. What I really love about Hustle is that it's fast paced and dialogue filled. It's a fun show with a fantastic cast. The format of a new plot every episode really suited the show. Hustle weakest element was the overuse of police plots, but even those episodes were still good entertainment. The original cast were the best. The weakest character by far was Sean Kennedy followed by Billy Bond.

Rewatched Life of Mars (which shared writers with Hustle) a few months ago and still enjoyed it.
John Simm was completely fantastic in his role as Sam Tyler.

I'm starting Hustle series 4 later on in the week. It's seen as one of the weaker series without Mickey but I quite liked it.

Quote: Nogget @ 10th January 2013, 8:48 AM GMT

It was enjoyable, but brilliant? Some of the plots severely tested credulity.

That's part of the fun of it though.

I've got the first 4 series on DVD.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th January 2013, 11:48 AM GMT

Hustle was one of those BBC flatpack shows I just couldn't take seriously despite wanting to watch it for Robert Vaughan's casting. It seemed from the first seconds I turned it on, incredibly sure of itself and super slick, but from what little I saw, a bit ridiculous.

Exactly!

The cutbacks, the screen freezes are all impossible but a great twist.

And of course it featured the gorgeous Jaime Murray.

Finished watch series 4 yesterday! I throughly enjoyed it even more than I did previously. Billy's grown on me on repeat viewings. Another series with this crew would've been good. It jut felt that in episode 6 billy had just fitted in so his departure feel very premature. Episode 6 was my favourite - some genuine tense moments and was a great way to end the series.

I used to love this but I was watching it tonight on Sony Crime.

It had glamour and excitement but they always planned things perfectly and won in the end.