Do Not Adjust Your Set

I recently discovered Do Not Adjust Your Set and have now watched the majority of the surviving episodes.

For those who haven't heard of it, it was a sketch show broadcast in the late sixties starring Denise Coffey, David Jason, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin and the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.

Is anyone else a fan?

Quote: groovydude89 @ January 2 2013, 10:40 AM GMT

I recently discovered Do Not Adjust Your Set and have now watched the majority of the surviving episodes.

For those who haven't heard of it, it was a sketch show broadcast in the late sixties starring Denise Coffey, David Jason, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin and the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.

Is anyone else a fan?

It's difficult to remember sketches, At Last The 1948 Show seems easier to recall, thanks to the Four Yorkshireman sketch and Marty Feldman.

I remember it. David Jason was also in the show he appeared in a weekly serial called "Captain Fantastic."

The Bonzos were great. I used to live in Muswell Hill at the same time as Viv Stanhall, who used to parade around Sainsbury's in strange outfits, striking poses and declaiming.

Quote: beaky @ January 30 2013, 5:19 PM GMT

The Bonzos were great. I used to live in Muswell Hill at the same time as Viv Stanhall, who used to parade around Sainsbury's in strange outfits, striking poses and declaiming.

Ah, The Intro and the Outro and [I]The Urban Spaceman...

And so much more. The Urban Spaceman was more of a Neil Innes thing. The Into and The Outro is total Stanshall.

I bought the DVD. Good to start with but there's NOOOOOOOO way the Bonzos would get away with blacking up nowadays.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 12 2013, 10:14 PM GMT

The Into and The Outro is total Stanshall.

What about Roy Rogers on Trigger?

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 13 2013, 1:06 PM GMT

What about Roy Rogers on Trigger?

And the Count Bassie Orchestra on triangle. Ting!

I love the Bonzos track "Beautiful Zelda", a wicked pastiche of themes from Gerry Anderson puppet shows, "Fireball XL5" in particular.