Comedy Connections Page 2

G180e

• Tuesday 16th July 2013, 5:55pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,369 posts

Sent off an e-mail to UKTV Gold about this, they did reply but stated that they had no plans to show it at the moment.

Shame, as I really did used to love these and not all of them are on YouTube.

G180e

• Tuesday 22nd October 2013, 5:29pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,369 posts

For those who are interested, I have managed to find full episodes of "Comedy Connections" via YouTube. Here's some of the full episodes, there is more on YouTube.

One Foot in the Grave Episode:

The Two Ronnies Episode:

Keeping Up Appearances Episode:

Men Behaving Badly Episode:

There are lots more on YouTube.

george roper

• Friday 25th October 2013, 1:05am [Edited]
  • in the back on stan butlers bus ., England
  • 4,039 posts

I now have a copy of this on DVD, which a friend made for me.

Here it is on YouTube:

Spiny Norman

• Friday 27th December 2013, 12:24am
  • Luton, England
  • 2 posts

There's no CC: Blackadder either!

A couple of them are on DVD sets: Perrin, Red Dward, Office, Father Ted, Keeping up Appearances.

Another question: Did anyone keep the subtitle stream? I have good copies of the episodes that interest me, but at the time I didn't think of doing anything about the subtitles. But now I find that there are more hard of hearing people than I thought.

G180e

• Saturday 13th June 2020, 12:23pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,369 posts

Been rewatching some of these the last few weeks, what a wonderful documentary series this was, this could definitely come back again. There are much more sitcoms left to cover.

jsg

• Saturday 13th June 2020, 12:37pm [Edited]
  • United Kingdom
  • 424 posts

I always thought it would be interesting to do a series like this focusing on some more obscure sitcoms. In some cases it might not even be that much different, you could focus on sitcoms with the same writers or leads as ones that got episodes dedicated to them here. It would be fascinating to hear about some of the more forgotten series in detail.

Wheel

• Saturday 13th June 2020, 2:30pm
  • Wakefield, England
  • 376 posts
Quote: jsg @ 13th June 2020, 12:37 PM

I always thought it would be interesting to do a series like this focusing on some more obscure sitcoms. In some cases it might not even be that much different, you could focus on sitcoms with the same writers or leads as ones that got episodes dedicated to them here. It would be fascinating to hear about some of the more forgotten series in detail.

So things like Brush Strokes as an example? It's not Esmonde and Larbey's most known sitcom is it.

jsg

• Saturday 13th June 2020, 3:02pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 424 posts
Quote: Wheel @ 13th June 2020, 2:30 PM

So things like Brush Strokes as an example? It's not Esmonde and Larbey's most known sitcom is it.

Yeah, could be. As it goes Mulberry, also written by Esmonde and Larbey and starring Howman, is one I'd like to hear more about. There's a video on YouTube of Larbey talking about how it would've ended if it got a third series and he starts to tear up as he's describing it, it clearly meant a lot to him.