Time for some Christmas cracker crap jokes. Page 3

This was in a cracker yesterday.

What is white and goes up?

I mean, there were children in the room.
Someone was paid to write it.
Wasn't you was it Teddy? I know you used to write some.
. .
. .
. .
. .
. A confused snowflake.

I asked Frank Carson, What's the name of that thing you pull at Christmas with a hat and crap joke inside?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th December 2020, 8:29 AM

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/merrythought

No, nor me.

Thank you Billy! Well, I've never heard a wishbone described as that before. Perhaps it was in the 50s and I was too young to understand or remember the word.

What a relief! Speaking of which...............a joke my Dad cracked when I was a nipper and remember:-

(I won't elaborate, to see if you get it - you need to remember the old bus service) :D

If carrot is a double decker bus and a potato is a single decker bus, what is a pea?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th December 2020, 10:06 AM

a joke my Dad cracked when I was a nipper and remember:-

(I won't elaborate, to see if you get it - you need to remember the old bus service) :D

If carrot is a double decker bus and a potato is a single decker bus, what is a pea?

Well, if the question was what is a potato or what is a carrot, one might think of a root master.

But with pea, I thought maybe something to do with a pod, which could be connected to some sort of transport system. But the only other type of bus that springs to mind is a trolleybus and I can't link the two together.

Or am I thinking too deeply Geek ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th December 2020, 10:06 AM

I don't know much about old bus services but I've suffered my fair share of terrible dad-jokes and grandad-jokes in my time so I'm going to have a guess.

Is the pea a relief service?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th December 2020, 11:03 AM

Or am I thinking too deeply Geek ?

I like the root master :D, but I don't think we had them in the 50s - no, and yes, too deeply. Life was much simpler then.................

Quote: alison blunderland @ 26th December 2020, 3:40 PM

Is the pea a relief service?

Yes! :D A pea(e) is a relief, and my goodness we did giggle at such a rude word.

I said to Paul, George and Ringo, I wouldn't marry Yoko. They said, Nor we. John would.
I said to Van Morrison, I wouldn't write classical music. He said, Chopin would.
I said to Mick Jagger, I wouldn't listen to One Direction. They're shit.

This is where I should've posted it.

This was a joke in a Christmas cracker.

Now can someone explain it to me? Am I being thick? Is it lost in translation? Or is it just really weak?

What kind of cough medicine does Dracula take?

Con medicine.

Should be BATtercup syrup

Quote: Chappers @ 27th December 2020, 4:08 PM

This was a joke in a Christmas cracker.

Now can someone explain it to me? Am I being thick? Is it lost in translation? Or is it just really weak?

What kind of cough medicine does Dracula take?

Con medicine.

I couldn't get within a mile of explaining that one but my friend who works at a supermarket that sells those crackers has come to he rescue. It's a misprint and it should say 'coffin medicine'.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 27th December 2020, 4:52 PM

I couldn't get within a mile of explaining that one but my friend who works at a supermarket that sells those crackers has come to he rescue. It's a misprint and it should say 'coffin medicine'.

Thank you. Makes a bit more sense I suppose.

So much for poof readers!

Quote: Chappers @ 27th December 2020, 5:44 PM

So much for poof readers!

Homophobe

Quote: alison blunderland @ 27th December 2020, 4:52 PM

Although if the answer was coffin medicine, surely the question shouldn't be "what type of cough medicine...", it should be just "what kind of medicine".

It is apparently a conundrum that has been perplexing the good ladies of Mumsnet for the past five years: https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2534779-to-ask-if-anyone-can-explain-this-joke-please

You'd think the manufacturers would have got round to correcting it by now!

Who the f**k is Pumpkin Spice?

What does my wife give my credit card for Christmas? Her best swishes.