The Sitcom Trials 2013 Page 15

Quote: elmonstro @ September 27 2013, 5:47 PM BST

I can tell you this much - if it ain't Father Ted there's gonna be trouble. Pirate

It was Father Ted. Obviously.

Deadline for your entries is Oct 20th, don't be put off if yours isn't the new Father Ted.

Still a week left for script submissions for the next Sitcom Trials show at the Bath Comedy Festival - full details here:

http://sitcomtrials.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/bath-sitcom-trials-nov-29th-enter-now.html

When casting votes and voting yes for your own entry, which I assume every one will, do you have to say it's your own? If you do some people may give you a NO because you gave there's a NO, I'd prefer to earn my NO's

Didn't have time to get a new one up so re-entering an old one. We'll see how it fares this time around! Pleased

Quote: blahblah @ October 18 2013, 9:43 PM BST

When casting votes and voting yes for your own entry, which I assume every one will, do you have to say it's your own? If you do some people may give you a NO because you gave there's a NO, I'd prefer to earn my NO's

I can't work out how to vote... and the site now seems to be down (or that might just be me)

Quote: ToddB @ October 20 2013, 3:26 AM BST

Didn't have time to get a new one up so re-entering an old one. We'll see how it fares this time around! Pleased

I entered one yesterday, which I'm glad about because today I can't get on the site.

OK - it was just me - I can get onto it now. Has anyone already voted? If yes, can you tell me how to do it? I've already read about half the entries that were submitted up until earlier yesterday but I see there are quite a few more on there now. Thanks.

Bonzo it's best to wait until after the deadline so all the scripts are there then post your votes on here,that's what I do

Quote: blahblah @ October 18 2013, 9:43 PM BST

You'll be critiquing all the other scripts, and voting on them, so you'll need to note that a YES for your own script is because, well, it's your own script.

I know writers worry that there will be tactical voting, but it really never happens - in all the years we've been doing this it always works out fairly, with writers being pretty honest and fair. You can check through the archives to see how the votes have gone down; everything is out in the open, results are made public, and there's generally a good-natured attitude to the whole process.

So don't worry!

Quote: ToddB @ October 20 2013, 3:26 AM BST

That's perfectly fine, and good luck with it.

Quote: Bonzo @ October 20 2013, 11:20 AM BST

I can't work out how to vote... and the site now seems to be down (or that might just be me)

I entered one yesterday, which I'm glad about because today I can't get on the site.

OK - it was just me - I can get onto it now. Has anyone already voted? If yes, can you tell me how to do it? I've already read about half the entries that were submitted up until earlier yesterday but I see there are quite a few more on there now. Thanks.

Voting doesn't start until after all the scripts are in (deadline is midnight tonight, though I'll keep it open for a few hours, just in case), and then all you have to do is read, review and vote. Read all the scripts (or as many as you can - you'll have a week), give each one a mini review, then vote YES, MAYBE or NO. Post all your reviews/votes to this thread (and in one post, if possible) or to the SitsVac message board.

If anyone's having trouble uploading a script to the Sits Vac Yahoo Group files section, send your script to me and I'll upload it for you.

Private message me if you don't have my email address.

Good luck everyone!

Quote: blahblah @ October 20 2013, 3:32 PM BST

Bonzo it's best to wait until after the deadline so all the scripts are there then post your votes on here,that's what I do

Thanks very much! :D

Quote: Mr Ashdown @ October 20 2013, 4:09 PM BST

You'll be critiquing all the other scripts, and voting on them, so you'll need to note that a YES for your own script is because, well, it's your own script.

I know writers worry that there will be tactical voting, but it really never happens - in all the years we've been doing this it always works out fairly, with writers being pretty honest and fair. You can check through the archives to see how the votes have gone down; everything is out in the open, results are made public, and there's generally a good-natured attitude to the whole process.

So don't worry!

That's perfectly fine, and good luck with it.

Voting doesn't start until after all the scripts are in (deadline is midnight tonight, though I'll keep it open for a few hours, just in case), and then all you have to do is read, review and vote. Read all the scripts (or as many as you can - you'll have a week), give each one a mini review, then vote YES, MAYBE or NO. Post all your reviews/votes to this thread (and in one post, if possible) or to the SitsVac message board.

If anyone's having trouble uploading a script to the Sits Vac Yahoo Group files section, send your script to me and I'll upload it for you.

Private message me if you don't have my email address.

Good luck everyone!

Thank you! :D

Due to extreme personal crapness, I only just realised that the deadline is today, so in a mad panic I've created a new version of my SYTYWF script.

I hope that's fair enough as it's never been in one of the public-voted Sitcom Trials.

Quite a few people are having issues uploading to the Yahoo files, so I'm going to be around for a few hours if anyone wants to email me their script so that I can get it uploaded. I'll call it a night around 3am, when the deadline will be over and I start hallucinating giant squirrels.

--Vince

I just reuploaded mine and it seems to be fine, hopefully the five minutes past deadline will be overlooked? good luck with the squirrels

Quote: blahblah @ October 21 2013, 12:04 AM BST

I just reuploaded mine and it seems to be fine, hopefully the five minutes past deadline will be overlooked? good luck with the squirrels

That's fine - as I said, I've extended the deadline till 3am, 'cause I'm getting sent files to upload from writers having problems with the Yahoo group. And to keep myself awake, I'm scouring the internet for amusing photos of Ghandi.

Just checked and realised I uploaded my file to Bristol 2013 instead of Bristol November 2013 so I deleted file from Bristol 2013 and uploaded to Bristol Novmeber 2013. Is that right?

Quote: blahblah @ October 21 2013, 12:17 AM BST

Just checked and realised I uploaded my file to Bristol 2013 instead of Bristol November 2013 so I deleted file from Bristol 2013 and uploaded to Bristol Novmeber 2013. Is that right?

Yes, "Bristol November 2013" is the folder these scripts need to be uploaded to, as I keep telling the giant squirrel outside my window.

Hello!

BRISTOL SITCOM TRIALS AT THE BATH COMEDY FESTIVAL - NOVEMBER 2013

- TIME TO VOTE (Everyone welcome)

Right everyone. There are 41 scripts at the Sitcom Trials egroup which are in contention for the show at the Ring O' Bells on Friday November 29th (tickets on sale now - full details here: http://www.bathcomedy.com/whats-on?id=214 ).

You can find all the scripts here: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SitsVac/files/Bristol%20November%202013

I'd like you all to read, review and vote on them now. You post your votes here in this forum, or over in the other forum, choice is yours.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SitsVac/

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/26384/

Vote YES, MAYBE or NO to every script you read, and give a brief review of each to prove you've read it, and to provide valuable feedback. Please be honest yet tactful ("Didn't find the characters interesting, and the gags fell flat" is preferable to "This was shit and made my eyes bleed"). It would be very helpful if you could list your reviews in alphabetical order, and post them all together.

The deadline for posting your votes is midnight Sunday 27th October

Don't worry if you don't get to read them all, but it would be splendid if you possibly can.

Your votes are counted Yes=2, MAYBE=1, NO= minus 1. So anything you don't vote on doesn't affect the figures.

The top ten scoring scripts will be read by the team and FIVE will be performed at the Ring O' Bells (unless deemed unstageable - we're unlikely to have the resources to properly do justice to a sitcom set directly after the Tet Offensive and featuring a flotilla of helicopter gunships dropping napalm on villages... with hilarious consequences).

The brief specified a preference for, ideally, four characters, and a script of around 12-13 pages, but we're flexible - within limits. Six characters and a script of 16 pages, that's possible. But a script asking for sixteen ninja nuns and which runs to 39 pages isn't going to make the show, even if the nuns are really funny. So when critiquing, bear this kind of thing in mind.

The scripts are (in alphabetical order):

"2 Dimwits in a Lift"
"2-to-1"
"Arthouse"
"Backstage - Gun"
"Baxter"
"Being Social"
"Below the Line"
"Bookmobile"
"Buck Knightly - Reluctant Superhero"
"Cassie - Friends Like These"
"CHODE Charity"
"Cult of Stan"
"Daisy Daisy" by
"Demeddlers" by
"Donnie Episode 1 - The Appraisal"
"Eden Meadows"("Caravan script")
"Flick Of The Wrist"
"Hench"
"HMS Bagworth"
"Honest"
"Kate and Mika"
"Les Happy"
"Me, Myself & I"
"Men At Sea"
"Mr Ego"
"Nobody & His Cat"
"Not Book Smart - The Date"
"Old Boy Band"
"On Message"
"Red Or Dead"
"Shhuuush!"
"Since You've Been Gone"
"Smooth Criminals"
"Socks - Pub"
"The Great Escape"
"The Magic Man"
"The Social Committee"
"The Hole"
"Ticking Over"
"Turbulence"
"Urban Bohemia"

Best of luck to everyone who's entered, and have fun reviewing and voting!

Kind regards,

Vince Stadon
Producer Bristol Sitcom Trials