The Sitcom Trials 2013 Page 12

I'm not sure if Kev wants to post about it here so I'll jump in:

The taster of Friday's Heat at the Lass O'Gowrie is now available at

http://youtu.be/VuAGwid41Ig

There are full recordings of each individual sitcom being uploaded for the writers/actors - if that includes you I'll be in touch once they're all uploaded*.

Enjoy!

* Note that that may be tomorrow - big HD files take a while to upload...

Highlights video and result from last night's Sitcom Trials So You Think You Write Funny heat 5 in Bristol...

And in case you missed it, here's the same (but better video quality, thanks to Judgement Dave) for last week's heat 4 in Manchester...

One more heat to go, tonight in London, and we'll be able to announce all 10 semi-finalists. Stay tuned.

And the winner of the 6th & last heat of The Sitcom Trials So You Think You Write Funny in London was... Cast by Peter Etherington.

Report & video to follow. An excellent night with a stellar cast and an equally stellar line up of judges, thanks and congratulations to everyone involved. We now have 6 confirmed semi finalists. Stay tuned for an announcement of the 4 more runners up that will be joining them in the semis.

We just showcased 30 sitcoms live in stage in three cities across the country in the space of a month. Do we get a round of applause?

<sound of this one man clapping and looking around conspicuously>

Dan

Quote: Kev F @ June 15 2013, 8:12 AM BST

We just showcased 30 sitcoms live in stage in three cities across the country in the space of a month. Do we get a round of applause?

Sure thing - well done Kev, Vince and everyone else involved. Nice to see the new lease of life the Sitcom Trials has shown lately.

I was at the Sitcom Trials in London and, even though I didn't win, I had a great evening. I recommend people to go along to one of the shows because it is such a cracking night out.

Kev did a wonderful job of warming up the room and all the sitcoms were great. Big thanks to all involved for putting on a storming show!

Ditto Evan; I visited one in Manchester and one in Bristol and they were both very good indeed, as was Kev's compering.

Well done and thanks to all concerned.

Quote: Ponderer @ June 15 2013, 5:31 PM BST

Ditto Evan; I visited one in Manchester and one in Bristol and they were both very good indeed, as was Kev's compering.

Well done and thanks to all concerned.

Ooh, you're very kind about my compering (were you seriously there at Bristol, they were a tough crowd) but thanks. Here, you've earned a new animated ad:

Yes I was, and yes they were! And the pitch feast was a bit crap too but you soldiered on impressively.

Thanks to Kev and everyone else involved in The Sitcom Trials. Enjoyed the Manchester show a lot - so glad I was at that one and not the Bristol one, judging from that video that crowd weren't the most forthcoming with laughter!

Great stuff. Congrats to all those moving on to the semi-finals! :)

Quote: Martin H @ June 15 2013, 11:10 PM BST

Enjoyed the Manchester show a lot - so glad I was at that one and not the Bristol one, judging from that video that crowd weren't the most forthcoming with laughter!

Bristol uses a much bigger venue than Manchester or London, which is sensational when it's packed full. This week, partly as a result of having two shows in such rapid succession, and on a warm Thursday night, the numbers were a bit lower, though they would have filled Manchester's room to bursting point. Nevertheless the sitcoms all came across well and were fairly judged, not being swayed by the amount of noise the crowd made. Wait until you see the London video (currently being edited by our new superstar guest video artist Nadine), they were the most boisterous of all. In a good way.

Thanks to everyone who's come to any of these shows, they've been a delight to be part of.

Kev F
(MC for 4 out of 6 heats, who's clearly no Bec Hill or Naomi Carter, MCs of London 1 and Bristol 1)

Announcing the line-ups for the Sitcom Trials So You Think You Write Funny semi finals in London.

Friday July 19th

Situation Normal, Naomi Carter - Bristol heat 2 WINNER
None Of The Above , Lewis Cook - Bristol heat 1 WINNER
Never Better, Rosie Holt - London heat 1 Runner Up
Cuz Zombie Library, Belgrave & Coppin - London heat 2 Runner Up
Oh Be Joyful, James McMellon - Manchester heat 2 WINNER
Theatre, Andrew Tate Manchester heat 1 Runner Up

Monday July 22nd

Trainspotting, Graeme Knowles - Bristol heat 2 Runner Up
Three In Tow, Eoin Carney - London heat 1 WINNER
Cast, Peter Etherington - London heat 2 WINNER
Cash & Currie, Bobby Finn - Manchester heat 1 WINNER
Project Romance, Harriet Cummings - Bristol heat 1 Runner Up

Both semi finals take place at the Camden Head, 100 Camden High St, London, doors opening 7.30pm, tickets £5. The Grand Final will be at the Edinburgh Fringe on August 21st.

Hi Kev,

Is there a website for semi-finals tickets?

Quote: Ponderer @ June 16 2013, 11:26 PM BST

Hi Kev,

Is there a website for semi-finals tickets?

Glad you asked. When I last looked there weren't, and today there are.

July 19: http://www.camdenhead.com/events/eventdetails/19-jul-13-the-sitcom-trials--so-you-think-you-write-funny-camden-head/

July 22: http://www.camdenhead.com/events/eventdetails/22-jul-13-the-sitcom-trials--so-you-think-you-write-funny-camden-head/

You're welcome.

Kev F
Sitcom Trials

Thanks Kev.