Paul Chowdhry

Rude and tasteless Comedian at times; but hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK_ahA3pqYw

I don't like him that much
Not what I've seen of him in any case
Maybe live he is better.
I just find the hello white people stuff a bit repetetive & lazy.
& don't find his other stuff that funny anyway

He was amusing first time I saw him but once you've seen his act once then there's not much to see again.

His "What's happening, white people" line was amusing the first time I heard him say it on Stand Up for the Week but it just increasingly annoyed me every subsequent time. So I don't know if I like his stuff or not, because he always starts by pissing me off!

I've seen him on TV a few times and thought he had some funny material. Don't remember him doing any "Hello, white people" stuff.

He's said it every time I've seen him on telly. It is a bit annoying after the first time.

I've heard him, and it all seems a bit lazy.

Quote: zooo @ December 15 2012, 6:44 PM GMT

He's said it every time I've seen him on telly. It is a bit annoying after the first time.

Yes.

I'm obviously not as easily offended as you cats. Because you aren't bored, you're offended.

I don't like most catchphrases.

Quote: Ben @ December 15 2012, 7:12 PM GMT

I'm obviously not as easily offended as you cats. Because you aren't bored, you're offended.

I'm not offended but it's just not funny after hearing it half a dozen times.

Quote: zooo @ December 15 2012, 7:14 PM GMT

I don't like most catchphrases.

'Ow queer!

Quote: David Bussell @ December 16 2012, 2:53 PM GMT

'Ow queer!

That's what she said

Chowdhry is quite simply the most annoying 'comic' on British television right now. I haven't a clue how he's got the host job on Stand Up For The Week, to me all he is, is a 1970s working men's club comedian in the vein of Bernard Manning who is only getting away with it because he's Asian. His jokes are almost entirely racist, sexist and xenophobic which he is presumably presenting as ironic, which lets face it, it isn't. I'm all for equal rights, but it needs to work both ways, someone shouldn't get away with something purely because of the colour of their skin.

I don't understand Chowdhury at all.

Is his point that there is racism, or that there isn't? Does he even have a view on the issue? Or does he just throw racial jokes around because he's allowed to and doesn't have any better ideas?

Quote: Will Carter @ 14th December 2013, 8:15 PM GMT

Chowdhry is quite simply the most annoying 'comic' on British television right now. I haven't a clue how he's got the host job on Stand Up For The Week, to me all he is, is a 1970s working men's club comedian in the vein of Bernard Manning who is only getting away with it because he's Asian. His jokes are almost entirely racist, sexist and xenophobic which he is presumably presenting as ironic, which lets face it, it isn't. I'm all for equal rights, but it needs to work both ways, someone shouldn't get away with something purely because of the colour of their skin.

Oddly enough I just watched a bit of his stand-up (literally 20 minutes ago) and came to the exact same conclusion. He makes straightforward racist jokes without any hint of irony or self-deprecation whatsoever, but gets away with it because he has brown skin.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ 14th December 2013, 8:24 PM GMT

I don't understand Chowdhury at all.

Is his point that there is racism, or that there isn't? Does he even have a view on the issue? Or does he just throw racial jokes around because he's allowed to and doesn't have any better ideas?

He doesn't seem to be making any comment on racism or stereotypes, I don't think there is anything more complex going on.