British Comedy Awards 2012 Page 4

Perkins is on TV all the time though, not just on one ep of HIGNFY. And I find her very amusing. So I think it's perfectly fair and understandable that she be nominated. At very least in the longlist.

Quote: zooo @ December 13 2012, 1:04 PM GMT

Perkins is on TV all the time though, not just on one ep of HIGNFY. And I find her very amusing. So I think it's perfectly fair and understandable that she be nominated. At very least in the longlist.

She normally presents whimsical nonsense about people baking cakes, I raise a smile, but my titters remain flat (oo-er!). The sister from Grandma's House and the daughter from Hebburn are truly hilarious comedy actresses, so I hope they receive recognition in next year's awards.

Quote: zooo @ December 13 2012, 1:04 PM GMT

Who was on the longlist, Zooo? We only got the shortlist...

Maybe you're right, the longlist should be published.

I don't think I've seen it either!

Sue Perkins tries way too hard to be "wacky".

You think?! I think she comes across quite calm and possibly a bit like an English teacher. But a funny one who I kind of want to marry.

Quote: zooo @ December 13 2012, 2:11 PM GMT

You think?! I think she comes across quite calm and possibly a bit like an English teacher. But a funny one who I kind of want to marry.

I've only really noticed it on QI but y'know when Alan does off into his head and runs a joke into the ground with his stupid miming? She seems to be picking up on that habit too. It's almost as if she feels the need to live up to her "comedian" role and act a bit wacky.

Although it could also be interrupted in a different way, you could say she's getting to that age where she doesn't give a f**k and slowly turning into that dotty Auntie role. Lots of female comedians seem to do this.

Quote: Tim Azure @ December 13 2012, 1:33 PM GMT

Who was on the longlist, Zooo? We only got the shortlist...

You can use 'Sherlock Holmes' methods of deduction.

For example, looking at the shortlist for 'funniest female comic', I've deduced that the girl in the testcard must have been on the longlist.

Quote: Lee @ December 13 2012, 2:25 PM GMT

it could also be interrupted in a different way

Use spellcheck carefully. ;)

Quote: Lee @ December 13 2012, 1:58 PM GMT

Sue Perkins tries way too hard to be "wacky".

That's exactly what I think. But I like her anyway.

Quote: Aaron @ December 13 2012, 2:26 PM GMT

Use spellcheck carefully. ;)

:P There are many ways you can interrupt Sue Perkins. My personal favourite:

MOO!

Is it me or was there not enough screen time of Vicki Coren?

I thought this years was just stupid really. Hands up who thought henderbury was crap ... . Hmmm. It's. Funny losing it's funny bone .. I think Its about for a real funny sitcom I'm writing one . I'm grenford nice to meet. You....

Quote: Grenford @ December 15 2012, 8:41 PM GMT

You....

...what?

This was back slapping wank of the lowest order, just light entertainment titwits, nothing very new or cutting edge, no Stewart Lee, no Andrew Lawrence, no Henning Wehn, nobody of any real intereset. Even Harry Hill couldn't be bothered to turn up. No mention of radio comedy, just a load of semi drunk idiots who are about as funny as wallpaper paste Angry