Live from Kirrin Island #3

Hello all,

We're getting ready for the production of Live from Kirrin Island #3 - which is being recorded on Sunday 16th December at 2:30 at The Phoenix, Cavendish Sq. Everyone's invited and it's FREE.

As always, we welcome material from fellow BCGers. If you'd like to submit material, please put a maximum of two brilliant topical sketches up in critique prefixed with KI: so we know we have your permission to use (and edit) your material. The deadline for KI: submissions is Tuesday 11th December. Comments from others on submitted sketches are welcome and encouraged on critique (in the usual way) and we will consider the latest version of a sketch. Therefore if you have an opportunity to improve it based upon comments, you increase the likelihood of it being used. The timescales for editing the final script is inevitaby tight so please give us worked up material that's ready for use.

A reminder that the show is (semi) topical capturing recent real life big news and developments as they impact on Kirrin Island and the islanders. A full writers' brief is worth reading and if you visit the homepage, you can "look around" the island. Nevertheless, don't be constrained by existing characters, just make your sketches a funny take on recent news. The podcast is categorised as not explicit and is aired on local radio so anything too rude can not be used.

All material used will be credited "on air" and on the website. And - as last time - we are anticipating Brooklands Radio broadcasting the show.

We'll do a separate calling note for one-liners with a slightly later deadline in due course.

Thanks,
Alison

I really enjoyed today's recording. Lots of laughs throughout so congrats to all the KI people.

Quote: Badge @ December 16 2012, 9:00 PM GMT

I really enjoyed today's recording. Lots of laughs throughout so congrats to all the KI people.

Thanks, Badge!

It was good to see you and Shandonbelle there yesterday.

Is there any other way to listen to the download without iTunes?

What's the matter with The Phoenix? They don't seem to advertise any of their events on their web sites.

Quote: Lee @ December 17 2012, 12:26 PM GMT

Is there any other way to listen to the download without iTunes?

Lee go to http://kirrinislandpodcast.com/ and download direct.

I'm probably being very stupid but I don't see a download for the latest episode?

That's cos it was only recorded yesterday. It needs to be edited first.

Oh, I thought it was live on da radio!

It will be broadcast on Christmas Day on Brooklands Radio, should you wish to tune in. Podcast available (probably) shortly afterwards.

Dan

Really enjoyed the show yesterday, the whole thing was well put together and plenty of laughs all the way. The venue was excellent too, nice and atmospheric with a proper 'club' feel to it. Great to meet the team too.

Quote: swerytd @ December 17 2012, 2:47 PM GMT

It will be broadcast on Christmas Day on Brooklands Radio, should you wish to tune in. Podcast available (probably) shortly afterwards.

Dan

If I had said Christmas Day, I may have been overly ambitious. I've agreed with www.brooklandsradio.co.uk for broadcast on Fri 28th December, repeated New Years Eve. Podcast around the same time.
Alison

I've literally just tweeted Christmas Day, although NYE is both festive and doesn't risk offending the Queen, so can live with that.

ShandonBelle - good to meet up and glad you enjoyed it. Best show yet in my view :)

The radio edit is due to air tomorrow, Friday 28th, on Brooklands Radio Radio at 9pm and is repeated on New Years Day at 6:30pm.

Dan

Highlights for me were the Patrick Moore sketch - hilariously spot on by Mr Sunshine, the women bishops, Global Terror Network, the 'pink' runner and the Amazon sketch.
Well done to all.
:)