Trans Comedy Award goes live

Dear All

After a lot of hard work below are the links to everything you need.

The Trans Comedy Award went live last week at the Creative Diversity Network Awards at the Hackney Empire and was officially launched by the BBC DG Tim Davie

Website Blog BBC Writers Room @TComedyAward @ItsClaireParker Facebook #TransComedy

Have fun writing. I look forward to seeing your entries.

Claire Parker (Trans Comedian & Project manager of the Award)

No MySpace page? Bah!

is anyone else having trouble with the links? Seems to just take me back to this page

Quote: blahblah @ November 21 2012, 12:47 PM GMT

is anyone else having trouble with the links? Seems to just take me back to this page

School girl error. All fixed. Appologies

Claire

Closing date for entries is 9am on Friday 1st February 2013. All entries which are post-marked 28th February or before will be considered.

That's quite a large gap, is anyone able to confirm that this is correct?

Quote: AJGO @ December 4 2012, 1:42 PM GMT

Closing date for entries is 9am on Friday 1st February 2013. All entries which are post-marked 28th February or before will be considered.

That's quite a large gap, is anyone able to confirm that this is correct?

Good question. This is a very good contest. Thinking along the lines of writing a comedy drama for my entry, but too used to comedy dramas being 45 mins + not 30 minutes

Sounds like it should be Friday 1st March but perhaps Claire can confirm.

I've been wanting to get into script writing for a while so hopefully this will give me the kick in the backside I need to try and write something longer than simple sketch!

Hi All,

Sound confusing yes

Please can someone tell me (include a link) to where the suspect date is as I need to make sure the Trans Comedy Website and the Writers Room match.

Then I will report here the official line.

Claire

Quote: David Bussell @ November 21 2012, 12:14 PM GMT

No MySpace page? Bah!

A site so unpopular it has translated from the figurative to the literal.

Quote: Claire Parker @ December 4 2012, 2:43 PM GMT

Hi All,

Sound confusing yes

Please can someone tell me (include a link) to where the suspect date is as I need to make sure the Trans Comedy Website and the Writers Room match.

Claire

It looks like a mistake in point 6 of the T&Cs on the Writersroom site.

Quote: Claire Parker @ December 4 2012, 2:43 PM GMT

Hi All,

Sound confusing yes

Claire

Quote: Badge @ December 4 2012, 3:31 PM GMT

It looks like a mistake in point 6 of the T&Cs on the Writersroom site.

Yup. http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/about/transcomedy-award-terms-and-conditions

I have checked all copy on this and let the writers room know.

Should have clarity in the morning.

Claire

Dear All,

Thanks for letting us know about the mismatch on Entry Closure Date.

This has now been updated on the BBC Writers Room to Read

6. Closing date for entries is 5pm on Thursday 28th February 2013. All entries which are post-marked 28th February or before will be considered. Entries received and post-marked after this date will not be considered.

Kind Regards

Claire

www.transcomedyaward.org @TComedyAward

Open for entry as of today.