OFAH complete now cheap Page 2

Quote: G180e @ December 31 2012, 1:16 PM GMT

http://www.ofah.net/blog/remastered-only-fools-horses/

From their screenshot, that doesn't look quite so much 'remastered' as simply newly transferred from the masters. Whatever the method of course, a good move. Here's hoping they'll see fit to release them for purchase - maybe even on Blu-ray.

Quote: Aaron @ December 31 2012, 1:33 PM GMT

From their screenshot, that doesn't look quite so much 'remastered' as simply newly transferred from the masters. Whatever the method of course, a good move. Here's hoping they'll see fit to release them for purchase - maybe even on Blu-ray.

yes I agree , but I do think they need to get these remasters out onto DVD

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ofah+13+dvd+collection+part+13&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1360&bih=543&tbm

here it is

http://www.coverdude.com/covers/only-fools-and-horses-dvd-collection-disc-13-r2-front-cover-41733.jpg

it says 134 mins all together divide that by 2 which is 67 mins long for the royal flush but on the cut version it is 58 mins long

That's very interesting, Wwe222. Fascinating, in fact. It does indeed appear that that partwork release included the whole episode. If you play it, it should run to about 75 minutes.

Well, thanks for that. So it looks like you DO have the uncut version on DVD, after all. I apologise for doubting you! Pity they don't release it properly to buy...

It is 134 mins Aaron the uncut version is 67 mins long and the cut version of a royal flush is 58 mins.

Aaron its ok if you order the frog legacy from play.com it will ask you on you email when you order it do you want the royal flush on it too./

Quote: Wwe222 333 @ December 31 2012, 2:12 PM GMT

It is 134 mins Aaron the uncut version is 67 mins long and the cut version of a royal flush is 58 mins.

I seem to be one of the few on this site who doesn't hate Royal Flush; in fact I think it does contain some very funny stuff. Has the 9 minutes longer version any additional good material worth having in it?

It's actually about 15 minutes longer, and supposedly the edit came because Sullivan was unhappy with the original version. So no, I doubt you'd find anything extra of worth.

15 minutes? That sounds like a whole B story.

One would've thought so, but apparently not. Somhow. See the Wikipedia article on OFAH DVD releases for a list of some, possibly all, of the edits.

Well yes it has the bit where del argues with other people in the opera
also there is no laughter track on it and it shows all the things that he says on the dinner table in sir Henry house

Strange. I can remember all the mentioned scenes or snippets. I have the BBC America version from (2004)...is it possible that my version differs from the British version?

I like all those bits. Maybe that's why most of the BCG members find this episode shitty...you don't know those bits. (Although they don't change the general tone of the show)

It could very well differ. Americans are a law unto themselves.

For some reason they put Frog Legacy on my royal flush DVD too.

I have the BBC America version of series 4 + 5. Hull And Back + Royal Flush are on disc 3; Frogs Legacy + Dates are on disc 4. As it it seems this edition has different versions on it than the British ones. I haven't checked the duration of Royal Flush yet but I know all the scenes that are cut from the British according to the Wikipedia article.

My whole OFAH collection is from the same edition:

"series 1-3", "series 4+5", "series 6", "series 7" and "The Christmas Specials" (1991-2003)