Girls

This is currently on Sky Atlantic and is bloody awesome.
Anyone else seen it?

I recognise I'm hardly the target audience for this programme, but I found it awful. Not just unfunny, but boring. Could not find a single redeeming feature in it.

Awwww maybe its more for girlies then. I love it. hooked me from first eppy. I thought I would be too old for it but its great fun.

The first two episodes were outstanding. Very funny and beautifully written. Barely a cliche in sight. The third didn't quite live up to the first two, but as usual the Americans show the Brits how it ought to be done.

Quote: YesNo @ October 31 2012, 12:39 PM GMT

Barely a cliche in sight.

Did we watch different programmes? Just off the top of my head, the wanky bedsit on-off boyfriend was a walking cliché, as was the world-travelling British cousin.

Well I like it. I like the brazen, filthy and darn right nastiness of it all.
Though I feel a bit old for it, me no care. I will take this over sex and the city anyday. :)

Surely others are watching this fab show??????

Where have all the bloody pervs and fill tee's gone eh!
There used to be hundreds on this site.

A surprisingly small number of people around here seem to even have Sky. Poor them, eh?

Awww I blame the recession. Peeps give up the Sky in favour of Crack & Finger of fudges.
Shame!

Quote: Charley @ November 1 2012, 11:57 AM GMT

I will take this over sex and the city anyday. :)

Can't say as I've seen it but I'd take a molten lead enema over Sex and the City any day. Plus you don't have to have Sky.

Sorry.

Like this. The characters are the most likeable and it's really edgy.

Love how I watched a documentary about US comedy saying you'd never get a comedy about abortion in the current climate and then this has an abortion episode about a week later. Big balls to do that.

Also, Marny is hawt

I watched the pilot a few months ago and didn't like it, but I've given it another chance and started watching the series properly, and I'm enjoying it (although the sex scenes are EXCRUCIATING).

I've still not seen it yet.
Are the sex scenes just really awkward or something?

They're strikingly, unabashedly realistic. The way they do it is uncharted territory for a comedy (as far as I know). Watching them almost feels intrusive (to me, anyway, maybe I'm a weirdo and a prude).

Uh oh, no I'd probably feel the same!