They Think It's All Over Page 2

I know! I managed to find one guy on digital spy, I had to go to Reading station to meet him while he handed me a bagful of tapes, quite a few episodes I managed to get off him in varying condition.

Which sites have you tried? Short of DS and YT, I'm not sure where else to try?

Quote: TonyT @ 2nd June 2015, 10:45 AM BST

To be honest, I've shocked you've found any at all. I've not managed to find any in a wide variety of sites.

Airbrushed from BBC history by the PC brigade. If only, like Mock The Week, they'd put a token unfunny "ethnic" female comedian on the show it might have survived!

Quote: Stevie81 @ 18th June 2015, 1:02 PM BST

I know! I managed to find one guy on digital spy, I had to go to Reading station to meet him while he handed me a bagful of tapes, quite a few episodes I managed to get off him in varying condition.

Which sites have you tried? Short of DS and YT, I'm not sure where else to try?

I love the thought of an espionage-style goods exchange on Reading Station.

My husband was obsessed with TTIAO in the early 2000s. In fact, he used to shake the flat with his guffawing.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st July 2015, 1:17 PM BST

I love the thought of an espionage-style goods exchange on Reading Station.

My husband was obsessed with TTIAO in the early 2000s. In fact, he used to shake the flat with his guffawing.

LOL, gone are the days of innocence, when you could just meet up for a tape trade!

Did you husband tape and keep them?

Quote: Stevie81 @ 10th July 2015, 12:51 PM BST

LOL, gone are the days of innocence, when you could just meet up for a tape trade!

Did you husband tape and keep them?

Did tape trades really happen?

I have just asked His Nibs and most of our VHS tapes were jettisoned years ago. He still thinks that the male banter was superb though.

Well yeah, but usually by post, but I'm prepared to move the mountain when dealing with the lazy ones.

Shame that...such a major mistake me not preserving these at the time, but I just don't get why someone hasn't produced them, when most other shows of the time have shown up in torrents etc

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 30th June 2015, 1:50 PM BST

Airbrushed from BBC history by the PC brigade. If only, like Mock The Week, they'd put a token unfunny "ethnic" female comedian on the show it might have survived!

They had women on TTIAO quite regularly, Sharron Davies made a number of appearances, Tessa Sanderson was on it, Annabel Croft, Suzanne Dando. Of course, Rory and co would be unashamedly inappropriate to them of course.

Man, I'd kill to get hold of the remaining Series 1 & 2 episodes I need of this!

Quote: Stevie81 @ 21st August 2015, 11:52 AM BST

They had women on TTIAO quite regularly, Sharron Davies made a number of appearances, Tessa Sanderson was on it, Annabel Croft, Suzanne Dando. Of course, Rory and co would be unashamedly inappropriate to them of course.

Man, I'd kill to get hold of the remaining Series 1 & 2 episodes I need of this!

I've been watching the 1998-2000 series of the C4 'Harry Hill' show and he references TTIAO quite a bit, especially Harry and Burt's obsession with Rory McGrath.

Erggh

Can't stand Harry Hill

Quote: Stevie81 @ 7th September 2015, 6:56 PM BST

Erggh

Can't stand Harry Hill

You hate him, I love him, but what's better? There's only one way to find out.

FIIIGGGHHHTTT!

If it were a fight over Harry Hill being funny, no way I could lose.

Quote: TonyT @ 30th October 2012, 11:16 AM GMT

I went to see Lee Hurst live recently and seeing how funny he was, remembered They Think It's All Over. I've done a quick scan through the forums but I've not managed to find much information about it here.

Obviously (IMHO) the Lee Hurst episodes (1st 5 series according to Wikipedia) were the best, but it was still ok when Jonathan Ross took over. I just remembered though that I didn't see many of the latter series with Lee Mack as host due to starting a new job around that time (and the programme generally going downhill).

However, Dave (or G2 or Gold2 or whatever they called themselves) did repeat some of the latter series.

My point, what are the chances of having some of the earlier stuff being repeated or even released on DVD? The latter series only appear to have been repeated once and then forgotten. I've got the DVD/VHS specials, but the actual series would be a real bonus.

Thanks.

They Think it's all Over was incredibly funny. For me, it could not work well with Lee Mack hosting. It was only funny with the unique camaraderie amongst Ross/Gower/Linekar and McGrath. Lee Hurst was also extremely funny and Ross did very well to pick up from where he left off. All from the quick wit of Nick Hancock.

I have no idea why the Beeb changed almost the entire line-up for the 2004/2005 come backs. Was like an entirely different programme.

Miss. this. show.

Only 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown comes close to hilarity for me.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 23rd September 2015, 1:15 PM BST

They Think it's all Over was incredibly funny. For me, it could not work well with Lee Mack hosting. It was only funny with the unique camaraderie amongst Ross/Gower/Linekar and McGrath. Lee Hurst was also extremely funny and Ross did very well to pick up from where he left off. All from the quick wit of Nick Hancock.

I have no idea why the Beeb changed almost the entire line-up for the 2004/2005 come backs. Was like an entirely different programme.

Miss. this. show.

Only 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown comes close to hilarity for me.

Yeah, I totally agree with that, the early series seemed so fearless and original at the time, and the dynamic between Gower and Hurst, McGrath and Lineker as you say was ace, probably better than expected seeing as both sportsmen are very happy to laugh at themselves, the notion that either were bad the sports they played was funny in itself.

I have actually come into a cache of new TTIAO episodes - some of which I have uploaded to my YT page, the playlist is located here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvBcjMJBzpUEy02X1Zj6r9y415aCEIWGO

I am now in a position where I need less than I have which is great, I still need quite a few from series 10-19, but my main quest is to find the eps I need from the first two series which are proving very hard indeed. If anyone can help me, happy to do a trade off.

Here is my need list

If anyone's interested in trading, I have all other eps.

TTIAO need list

Series 1:

Episode 2 (Clive Anderson, Tessa Sanderson)
Episode 4 (Fred MacCaulay, Barry McGuigan)
Episode 7 (Christmas 95) (Mel Smith, Alan Lamb)

Series 2:

Episode 1 (Neil Morrissey, Ian Wright)
Episode 2 (Bob Mills, Sharron Davies)
Episode 4 (John Gordon Sinclair, Kriss Akabusi)
Episode 5 (Steve Davis, Gaby Roslin)
Episode 7 (Tony Hawks, Rob Wainwright)

Series 10 -

Episode 3 (junior Simpson, Kirsty gallacher)
Episode 8 (steve davis/Clare balding, steve backley/Andy parsons

Series 11:

Episode 8 (Allen Border, Sean Hughes)
Series 12:

Episode 1 (Ed Byrne, Shane Warne)
Episode 2 (Nasser Hussain, hazel Irvine)
Episode 3 (Ricky Tomlinson, David Elleray)
Episode 4 (Audley Harrison, Fiona Allen)
Episode 8 (Austin Healey, Paul Ross)

Series 13:

Episode 1 (Ronnie O'Sullivan, Steve Davis/Mike Gatting)
Episode 2 (Matthew Pinsent/Damon Hill, Steve Davis/Beverly Turner)
Episode 3 (Matthew Pinsent/John Francome, Steve Davis/Jo Brand
Episode 4 (Ulrika Jonsson, Linford Christie/Phil Tufnell)
Episode 6 (Mick McCarthy, Suggs)

Series 14

Episode 1 (Brad Friedel, Jon Culshaw)
Episode 5 (Kirsty gallagher, mick McCarthy/john parrott)
Episode 6 (Ashia Hansen, Suzi Perry)
Episode 7 - highlights
Episode 8 - highlights

Series 15

Episode 1 (Ilie Nastase, Francis Lee)
Episode 2 (stephen Henry, kriss akabusi)
Episode 3 (Sharron Davies/richard burns, Ricky Hatton)
Episode 4 (Tanya Streeter, Dominic Cork)
Episode 5 (Barry Fry, Phill Jupitus)
Episode 10 (Sharron Davies/Roger Black & Graham Poll)

Series 16

Episode 1 (Graeme le saux, ed smith)
Episode 2 (Katherine merry, Neil ruddock)
Episode 3 (Jonathan Davies/Shane Warne)
Episode 4 (Kirsty gallacher/Jodie Kidd)
Episode 5 (Iwan Thomas/Jimmy greaves)
Episode 6 (antony worral-Thompson/ James Gibson)
Episode 7 (vernon Kay, Phil greening)

Series 17

Episode 8 (Scott Gibbs, Jamie Baulch)

Complete Series 18 & 19

2006 Specials & Comic Relief specials

Could be getting some more eps soon - watch this space.