Tumbleweed Comedy on Fun Kids Radio Page 2

Quote: David Salisbury @ December 17 2012, 12:26 PM GMT

I'm told the plan is to broadcast this show (which will be sketches intercut with music) on Boxing Day and bring out a podcast of it in the new year.

Ah, good glad you asked yesterday I kind of forgot given everything that was going on!

Do you know where it's broadcast? Or indeed have people been informed if they're in?

I haven't had anything saying I had something. And when Alex said "your sketches" I didn't like to ask if that was you singular or plural!

It's Fun Kids Radio - http://www.funkidslive.com/.

Quote: David Salisbury @ December 17 2012, 12:26 PM GMT

I'm told the plan is to broadcast this show (which will be sketches intercut with music) on Boxing Day and bring out a podcast of it in the new year.

Having looked through the Fun Kids Live Christmas schedule, I was only able to find a single comedy programme - Christmas Giggle - which was broadcast yesterday morning.

Did anyone tune in?

Hi. I received an email yesterday. The details:

"The show will go on air from 2-3 on Boxing Day and they have split roughly 15 minutes of clips into bite-sized chunks separated by Christmas songs. We will hopefully podcast these sketches early in the new year and I'll let you know if and when that happens. We have another similar amount of sketches ready to go and I'm hoping they will put those out sometime soon."

3 Wise Men by Mikey Jackson
Mo Farah by Alexander Perkins
Crackers by Christopher Frost
Teacher's Lounge by Mark Cowling
Bring a Ruler by David Salisbury
Christmas Pudding by Alexander Perkins
Name Check by Michael Callaghan
Mr Faircrooch by Sean Bennett
Baking Trousers by Stuart Cooper
Smart Phone by Christopher Frost
Cows by Sean Bennett
Nativity by Michael Brandon
Nose Pickers by David Salisbury
Fairly True Fairy Tales by Stephen Mawhinney

Some familiar BCG names there -- congrats all. Mine is the Teachers' Lounge one.

Yippee! They've used two of mine! :D

I've set up some software to record this afternoon's broadcast. Check back later for an MP3 download link.

Congrats groovydude and David on getting the double!

Quite enjoyed the show, especially the bad puns in between sketches. Don't think I've ever had my worked flanked by Cheryl Cole and Justin Beiber before.

I've uploaded Tumbleweed Comedy to Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/?kkeq85q2fo9q2n7

I recorded it at 125 kbps, so the sound quality's pretty good. The show itself begins at around the five-minute mark. (shortly after Slade's Merry Christmas Everybody)

They actually used three of my sketches, as 'Crackers' turned out to be a combination of two different sketches. ('Crackers' and 'Boxing Day')

Baking Trousers was mine. Well done to all that got on, esp. David and Groovydude for doubling up (and Sean Bennett if he's on here!)

I have a Tolkien spoof one that was also recorded, and would be very happy if that gets into an episode 2 as am now unlikely to ever work on a LOTR or Hobbit adaptation...

The sketches used in the show are now on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/comedy-bites-on-fun-kids/id592385155?mt=2