Struggling To "Write" Stand-up Comedy Material? Page 2

Hi,

I could do with some tips on writing stand-up comedy material. I've performed at a few gigs in my local area and have another 5 minute slot coming up in about 3 months. I'll provide you with some links to videos of my first 2 gigs that I put on YouTube, if you could have a watch of those and try and give me some tips that would be great.
The first link is my first ever stand-up performance. I was on with 4 other professional comedians, which on its own made me absolutely terrified, and I also didn't have much time to prepare, but that's a longer story. The second one, I had just over 3 weeks to prepare and got what I could, however what seems strange is I have a better act and am much more confident, yet don't seem to be getting as big laughs. Yes the crowd was smaller, but it still doesn't sound like everyone's getting it. It will make more sense when you watch the vids :)
I'm hoping to do the same style of comedy as comedians such as Peter Kay and Jason Manford, who are 2 of my all time favourite comedians. I love their style of comedy, meaning jokes about general things that we all do and everyone can relate too, hopefully this makes sense. Although my act ended up being nothing like this, I still thought It would be good for you to look at the vids and you can get a bit of an idea of my timing and delivery.
I always manage to make people laugh in everyday things without even thinking about it, but when I sit down with no distractions and put my mind to being funny and writing a good act, nothing comes to me, at all.

Any advice and tips would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for posting this,

Callum.

First ever stand-up comedy performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT10-nXrmkI Second comedy gig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KBzZqGK6uA

You're routine is very good, your approach is excellent.

If you lend me your email I'll send you a copy of the kindle I wrote on writing your first comedy routine.

As it is I think the thing you're lacking is linking your jokes.

e.g. You've probably noticed I'm blind, clever you I just used to wonder why no one turned the lights on.

You're second question is where is his guide dog. Well I used to have one, to be honest it was more than one. The first one was a chiuaha going great then it fell down the drain, then I got an expolice drug sniffing dog which stopped me getting invited to any of the good parties. Then I finally got this really nervous labrador, took him on stage and he took a massive dump. Which got a massive laugh, so I can't be a standup with a dog that's funnier than me, especially when his acts just shit.

Hello,

Can I just say I have not been ignoring people, for some reason even though I was subscribed to the thread I haven't received any emails to notify me of these comments, and to b honest have been busy with other things and kept forgetting to check back on the post.
Anyway, I did another comedy set a couple of months ago for a new comedy night that has just started out local to me, called Comedy Hat. They have a comedy Hat comedian of the year competition and my performance on that night, which you can watch at the link at the end of this message, got me through joint second! :D

Watch my performance on that night here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DYfUaXfL2M

As usual, any feedback and tips are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Callum.