That's My Boy

This show starred the great Mollie Sugden as Ida Willis, the doting mother of her son Shane {Robert} Price, I'm surprised it has been forgotten.

I acquired some episodes recently, and although I've not got around to watching any, it looks pretty good. Will report back! :)

I remember 'That's My Boy' as being one of those comedies that fitted in with so many of its ilk of its day. Nothing too memorable other than something else to watch Molly Sugden in other than 'Are You Being Served' and 'The Liver Birds'.

Basically it was an ITV comedy!

I think that says it all.

Not really. They've had some shit, and some gold in their time.

Maybe some shit and some silver.

Mainly brass and a lot of lead, if I remember right.

Na, Brass was made for Channel 4, lol.

That's My Boy was a fairly good sitcom - certainly no worse than Come Back Mrs Noah, lol.

Barry, he didn't capitalise brass, so I don't think that he was referring to any specific show with that title!

My girlfriend was thinking of getting this for us to watch. Before doing so I would be grateful if anyone who has seen this, to tell me if it's worth shelling out a few quid for??

Many thanks

Rather depends on how much the few quid is! Hard to know if you'd like it, really could be either way - can't hurt to give it a go? Start with Series 1 and see how you feel about it.

Quote: Aaron @ July 29 2007, 4:30 PM GMT

I acquired some episodes recently, and although I've not got around to watching any, it looks pretty good. Will report back! :)

Have you got round to seeing them now, and if so what do you make of them?

Well I enjoyed it, but then I do find something to enjoy in most shows. It's quite a while again now since I watched the series so would be reluctant to try to draw any comparisons in its style to any other sitcom, but it's one of those good fun, family-accessible sitcoms.

Thanks Aaron.

Currently rewatching this. So joyous. Splendid.