The general pop/rock - music thread Page 197

Was reading a 1969 local newspaper cover to cover I had saved about Apollo 11 and came across an advert for the Bluesville club my bird and I used to go to, to see the likes of Rod (The Mod) Stewart, Long John Baldry etc. and noticed the ticket price was 3/6d, which equates to 17½p. Mind you, that's about £8 now with inflation etc.

Mind blowing man Cool

Rod didn't look like a ladies' man but LJ did, in those days.Queer that.

Quote: john tregorran @ 2nd November 2019, 12:28 AM

Rod didn't look like a ladies' man but LJ did, in those days.Queer that.

Yers, Rod with his bouffant hair (stood next to him once while LJB was on stage - they checked out each others act) was def. not a ladies' man (!) and Long John had all the girls raving over him.......................how wrong we all were!!

Zombie wants to stay at home. I said, Get a life.
Mate wants to be the next Ingmar Bergman. I said, Get reel.
Guy wants to listen to One Direction. I said, F**k off.

just for today black sabbath,

Quote: DaButt @ 24th October 2019, 10:44 PM

I saw them in Austin a few months ago and they were great. Mullets galore!

I can't say I noticed that.

The first demo from my old band in 93. It was called Treat Yourself To a Shotgun.

"Walk with me "
would be my pick.What was your contribution Tarby ?

Quote: john tregorran @ 3rd November 2019, 11:26 PM

"Walk with me "
would be my pick.What was your contribution Tarby ?

Sunny Weather was our anthem that everyone went mental to but Walk With Me was the best song. I was the singer and there's a two day festival next summer for all the 80s and 90s bands from my home town to reunite which I would have been up for but some members didn't want to do it. We were all 16 when we recorded the demo and in Mr Reality I wrote the line 'Everything's ruined, spread out on the floor' which was a reference to my two favourite songs from the Faith No More album Angel Dust. Everything's Ruined and A Small Victory (which has the lyric spread out on the nightstand)

I liked the original singer Chuck Mosley as well but not as much as Mike Patton.

So what happened to Black Haze?

Quote: john tregorran @ 4th November 2019, 9:31 PM

So what happened to Black Haze?

After we all completed further education we decided to take a year out and concentrate on the band instead of going on to university. We even looked at a few houses with a view of moving in together to make practising easier but never did. We were building up a good following with hard rock fans but the interest fizzled out and we split up. Some went on to university and other bands but I didn't apart from a reunion gig we did 12 years ago. We're all still mates and I was out on the town with the guitarist and drummer a few weeks ago.

Thanks

This is from my band (arranged it and played guitars here). Song composed by Mulligan, score taken from the book:

I like that.Very well done.69.
Are you the bass,the sensible one that keeps all the more extravagant members in line?

Quote: john tregorran @ 7th November 2019, 4:32 PM

I like that.Very well done.69.
Are you the bass,the sensible one that keeps all the more extravagant members in line?