The general pop/rock - music thread Page 169

Quote: Chappers @ 4th April 2018, 2:10 PM

I got White rabbit as a 7" sinlgle. Probably available at Discogs if you want it.

Increased my vinyl collection by about 20 today having picked up a parcel I'd ordered from Discogs including Mental as Anything, Clapton, Daltrey and Rick derringer plus one of my local charity shops hada load in today. I had to limit myself to 10 @ £2 each including Supertramp, Clapton, Tourists, Squeeze, Dylan and the Nice amongst others.

Also at the weekend I bought some more including the reformed Small Faces album from 1977.

You must have a massive collection! Got any pictures of it?

Which Squeeze album? I have quite a few on vinyl, and one on cassette. I'm hoping to one day stumble on a reasonably priced vinyl copy of "East Side Story" - 8 quid max. I don't do the mail-order thing though, so it'll either happen or it won't.

Squeeze. The first one with "Take me I'm Yours".

Have a look on here. Almost anything you could want.

https://www.discogs.com/search/

Quote: Chappers @ 4th April 2018, 4:28 PM

Squeeze. The first one with "Take me I'm Yours".

Have a look on here. Almost anything you could want.

https://www.discogs.com/search/

How much commission do you get? :D

Seriously, thanks!

The first Squeeze one is the John Cale one which I seem to remember wasn't a happy/good experience for them, from the History of Squeeze doc that BBC4 show occasionally that's well worth catching.

What's a lemon's favourite band? Squeeze.
Lemon played tennis. The score was deuce.

Boo! Gedoff! You suck!

I must stop getting blowjobs off old men. They really suck.
Listening to Paul McCartney's Wings Wild Life. It is shit.

Yet another Spice Girls survey? I couldn't sleep all night. I was tossing and turning. That last bit's only half true.

I like the odd tune or three.

Any tune you listen to first, third or fifth is an odd one. Tryst me.

My favourite song of all time and the one track I would take to the Desert Island when Roy Plomley asks me the question is:

"I can't remember" - The Forgetfuls
(words and music: I. Dunno)

Yet another 'favourite Spice Girl' survey and it's always the same. I argue Melanie C for her superior vocal, songwriting and dancing skills; development from teenybopper into respected recording artiste; commitment to important social (particularly women's) issues and charities such as comic relief; delivering two-hour, note-perfect gigs and a consistent back catalogue covering a wide variety of musical genres; coping fabulously with professional comedians on panel shows; combining respect for the fans with the need for privacy; staying true to her unique style and sex appeal without becoming a cliched media puppet; best of all, surviving 22 years in the biz without degenereating into arrogance (Posh), vulgarity (Madonna), excess (Winehouse) or grotesque plastic surgery (pretty much everyone). Then the next Stephen Hawking counters, Geri cos tits.

Postman brought me 'Damned Damned Damned' yesterday. Fantastic record!

Classic init?

New Rose in my top ten punk tracks of all time

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th April 2018, 9:23 PM

New Rose in my top ten punk tracks of all time

One of the greatest guitar riffs in rock history imo.

And Rat Scabies beating the living crap out of them drums!

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4147503-dis-meets-peter-hook--taking-career-advice-from-strangers-is-not-to-be-recommended 'Peter Hook: Rat Scabies who used to be in The Damned was telling me about a website he set up, where bands send him a tape and he'll play over it for £1000.' Glad to see the punk ethic is still alive.

A grand??

That's a f**kin bargain

I'd pay the old bugger more than that just to sit in my living room and watch telly

Ledge