The general pop/rock - music thread Page 167

Three words - There's Something About Mary

Quote: DaButt @ 19th February 2018, 11:22 PM

Hopefully I'll be able to find a way to watch/download it. I have a few OGWT DVDs and they're priceless.

Good, and you're welcome.

BBC4 always has some interesting documentaries but I'm normally at my Mum's and forget what they called to watch later.

Quote: DaButt @ 19th February 2018, 11:22 PM

Hopefully I'll be able to find a way to watch/download it. I have a few OGWT DVDs and they're priceless.

Presumably that includes the "legendary" performance of the "legendary" John Otway.

Watch him fall off the speaker and hurt his bollocks. I've got the flick book.

I've seen the Light six times and they're always awesome... If anything, too much of a good thing.
I've probably said this before, but I did laugh when Prefab Sprout took the piss out of Bruce Springsteen. They have every right to do this, as they have fleeced Bruce in terms of longevity, quality concerts and not having a stoopid f**king name in the first place. More, please.

That arsehole Simon Schama is trying to sound cool!

I an interview he said that the song that means a lot to him is "More than this" by Roxy Music which he saw them play when he saw them live in 1972 when he had long hair and a velvet jacket.

"More than this" was not released until 1982 so either he's got his dates wrong (Schama with long hair and a velvet jacket in 1982?) or it was a different song. Either way a supposed Historian should at least get his dates right especially when it involves himself!

We've all been here eh lads! I was born in 77 so the name of the song also has other meanings.

Carole Bayer Sager - You're Moving Out Today (1977)

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 6th March 2018, 12:41 AM

We've all been here eh lads! I was born in 77 so the name of the song also has other meanings.

Carole Bayer Sager - You're Moving Out Today (1977)

I recently bought the LP that comes from. Quite a different feel to most songs but she was a great song-writer.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th February 2018, 12:19 AM

Three words - There's Something About Mary

That's four.

Technically five.

Sad to see NME gone.

In it's day funny and informative.I bought quite a few albums just on their reviews.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 6th March 2018, 2:07 PM

That's four.

:D Someone noticed! I can confirm under oath it was intentional and meant to be representative of the Farrely Brothers theme.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 7th March 2018, 8:58 PM

Sad to see NME gone.

In it's day funny and informative.I bought quite a few albums just on their reviews.

Funny? I'd never call it funny. Pretentious and too political for me. I much preferred Melody Maker.

NME was fairly awesome.
Reformed Spice Girls selfie. - Cheese? - I think I just did.

I was just thinking the way they slag off people like Spike for his accents and Michael Bates in IAHHM why does nobody slag off Ali Campbell of UB40?