The general pop/rock - music thread Page 141

Good call Gordon, I think Phil Collins is very underrated , I'm hoping to have him and Gilbert 'O Sullivan in my Christmas stocking this year.

Currently listening to my Squeeze compilation, love their songwriting and the little stories in each track.

RIP Dave Cash.
He and Kenny Everett used to bonkers-tastic on good old Radio London.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 21st October 2016, 10:43 PM

Currently listening to my Squeeze compilation, love their songwriting and the little stories in each track.

+ Glenn has a fantastic voice. They still play live. If you've got Sky Arts, they feature on an episode of Live From The Artists Den, doing a set in a New York park in 2013, which is very "nice" - it gets repeated fairly frequently.

Good call Gordon, I think Phil Collins is very underrated

If Live Aid was against world suffering, why did they let Phil Collins sing TWICE?
Madonna says, 'Vote for Hilary Clinton and I'll give you a blow job!' ... That was a party political broadcast by the Republican Party.

Good call Gordon, I think Phil Collins is very underrated

If Live Aid was against world suffering, why did they let Phil Collins sing TWICE?
Madonna says, 'Vote for Hilary Clinton and I'll give you a blow job!' ... That was a party political broadcast by the Republican Party.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 21st October 2016, 11:01 PM

RIP Dave Cash.
He and Kenny Everett used to bonkers-tastic on good old Radio London.

Yes - just seen this after I posted on another thread.

Just been to a John Cale concert. Boeuf à la mode!

Quote: George Kaplan @ 21st October 2016, 11:34 PM

+ Glenn has a fantastic voice. They still play live. If you've got Sky Arts, they feature on an episode of Live From The Artists Den, doing a set in a New York park in 2013, which is very "nice" - it gets repeated fairly frequently.

Cheers George, I didn't know they still played, will keep an eye out for any UK gigs.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 22nd October 2016, 8:02 PM

Just been to a John Cale concert. Boeuf à la mode!

A few photos I made tonight:

Is he looking at you in the second one?

Squeeze always were one of my favourite bands right from when I first bought Packet of 3 (smart-arse) and Take me I'm yours. However regrettably I've never seen them although I know that Difford and Tillbrook have toured as a duo, the band and individually over the last few years.

So the guy from Keane was off his head on drugs whilst recording all that god awful tedious shite??

I dread to think what bollocks he'd have come up with sober...

Sheesh

Quote: Chappers @ 24th October 2016, 2:31 PM

Squeeze always were one of my favourite bands right from when I first bought Packet of 3 (smart-arse) and Take me I'm yours. However regrettably I've never seen them although I know that Difford and Tillbrook have toured as a duo, the band and individually over the last few years.

I've always had a little crush on Glenn Tilbrook <3

He's actually touring at the minute, just looked him up.

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th October 2016, 5:58 PM

So the guy from Keane was off his head on drugs whilst recording all that god awful tedious shite??

I dread to think what bollocks he'd have come up with sober...

Sheesh

I think they're...nice. ????

http://societyofrock.com/sad-news-regarding-queens-brian-may-guitarist-now-battling-persistent-illness/

:(

Madonna regains her dignity by taking back her promise of free oral on Clinton voters. She says if you pay, she'll keep her teeth in.