The general pop/rock - music thread Page 138

They try to ruin me....Angry

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/bob-dylan-plots-massive-36-disc-set-of-1966-live-recordings-w442099

Well done Mr Lydon. You're still trying to fleece us.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/pilboxset?referrer=mailout_launch

Googling I came across this great video.

One of the Small Faces greatest with the lovely PP Arnold adding vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vWTtx_PxPo

Such a fantastic band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUuuHLaSLR0

The great thing about growing up in the 90s was the pop music. F**k the 60s (Beatles), 70s (Sex Pistols), 80s (Smiths), we had The F**king CRANBERRIES! Here are some AWESOME lyrics from their AWESOME 96 LP:
1. (Salvation) To all those people doin' lines: Don't do it! Don't do it!... Yes, there are fellows who take drugs and if they didn't, it'd solve the prob. Well done! Heroin addicts everywhere, avid listeners to the Top 40 and the Cranberries in particular, took heed of her sentiments and have indeed decided to don't do it. If the first call didn't work, the second one did!
2. (I just shot John Lennon) It was 'not nice'. She does have a point. Returning home to be shot in the face by a mentally unstable ex-Christian psycho wanker is indeed 'not nice'. Could I myself choose between licking strawberry flavoured champagne off Mel C's perfectly-formed left shoulder blade while another Mel C sits on my face and farts - or returning home to be shot in the face by a mentally unstable ex-Christian psycho wanker - I would more than likely plump for the former as it is arguably more 'nice'.
3. (I'm still Remembering) 'Remember Kurt Cobain, will his presence still remain? Remember JFK, ever saintly - in a way?' Even I can't top that. You silly bitch.

Today's catch:

The Story Of Simon Simopath - Nirvana (the 60s band)

A Gathering Of Promises - The Bubble Puppy

Home Before Dark - Neil Diamond

How Long Has This Being Going On - Van Morrison with Georgie Fame & Friends

Let It Be...Naked - The Beatles

My favourite album at the moment is George Harrison's 'Living In The Material World'. It is a brave, heartfelt plea against materialism, written by multi bulti quadrupli billionaire George across his 4963 luxury homes, 502984 86609695489-hectare castles and 978536084380 yachts in Hawaii, and would inspire Bono.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st October 2016, 11:57 AM

Today's catch:

The Story Of Simon Simopath - Nirvana (the 60s band)

I've got one of their albums - a compilation. Does yours have Rainbow Chaser on it? A great dose of psychedelia.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd October 2016, 7:23 PM

Does yours have Rainbow Chaser on it?

Unfortunately no.

Rainbow Chaser is on their second album, I have the debut.

Very looking forward to the new Stones album!!!!

Melanie C says, 'I can't wait for you to hear my new album.' Come round and deliver it personally then, you lazy cow. You've got more free time than me and are considerably more energetic, plus I hardly think Easyjet to Rome is gonna break your bank.

From the fleamarket:

Beatles Bop/Hamburg Days - The Beatles with Tony Sherdidan

Just For Love - Quicksilver (Messenger Service)

Rock n Roll Music - The Frost

Metal Machine Music - Lou Reed

Copperhead - Copperhead

BBC Radio 1 Live In Concert - Stone The Crows

The BBC Sessions Volume 2 1971-1972 - Stone The Crows

Double Live - Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush

Time Circle (1968-1972) - Spirit

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th October 2016, 12:52 PM

Metal Machine Music - Lou Reed

The perfect record to play at max volume when you're angry at your neighbors.

I was always intrigued by Metal Machine Music because it got so many negative comments. I've still never heard it although there is a track from it on this month's Mojo giveaway.

The prog rock site I'm following on FB posted this album from 2010:

Did you know this one, Chappers (or anybody else)? It was completely new to me.

No - never heard of it but I've got tickets to see them with Trevor as Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman - ARW - next March in Brighton.

I still think it would've been better to call themselves RAW but I guess Jon's ego got the better of him.