Which sitcom are you into at the moment? Page 4

Quote: G180e @ December 29 2012, 6:55 PM GMT

Working my way through my complete Two Ronnies set. 27 discs. I'm on disc 4 at the moment.

It ain't a sitcom though, so you're in the wrong thread! ;)

Just started watching Dad's Army

Just been watching all Christmas episodes for the past 2 weeks, still got series 4,5,6,7 and 8 of Red Dwarf to watch, I also might go through Blackadder again (maybe just 2,3 and 4)

Reminder of board rules:

Posting

1. Unless said in legitimate context (for example, a programme or episode title), "txt spk" is strictly forbidden. This is a pet hate of the BCG's editors, and will be heavily enforced.

2. As far as is possible, correct English spelling and grammar should be used.

Capital letters, please!

Becker series One!

Rab C. Nesbitt

Watched this on and off when I was a kid and just thought it was alright ... just some drunken nobhead waffling on. But I got series one recently and it's brilliant.

Really really funny and Gregor Fisher was a bloody marvel. Looks like I'm gonna need to find space for the other eight series now!

Edited by Aaron.

I've started with Steptoe & Son. Not many laughs in the first episode but lots of pathos and charisma by the two actors. Looking forward to see more.

Quote: Aaron @ December 29 2012, 10:35 PM GMT

It ain't a sitcom though, so you're in the wrong thread! ;)

Oh yes sorry Aaron. I'm actually working my way through the Benidorm DVDs now.

I'm still in "classic Britcom mode" and that's why I'm thinking about what to buy & watch next when I finished Steptoe & Son in 2 or 3 weeks. Would It Ain't Half Hot Mum be something for me? Or are there better shows from the 60s/70s era?

(By the way, I'm enjoying Steptoe a lot!)

It may very well be. Remind us what you have and haven't liked? Any other titles you have in mind to possibly check out?

Quote: Aaron @ January 2 2013, 9:36 PM GMT

It may very well be. Remind us what you have and haven't liked? Any other titles you have in mind to possibly check out?

I finished "Dad's Army" a few weeks ago and liked it (same writers?)

The Big Bang Theory.

I'm surprised I'm not that fond of WHTTLL (yet). I loved Porridge...and usually I'm into that working class vs. snob theme.

How about Hi-De-Hi!? You Rang, M'Lord?, perhaps?

Jeeves And Wooster. Hancock's Half Hour.

You could find my post in the DVD collection thread and look at some of the titles there that you're not familiar with.

Also worth a browse: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/recommended/

Quote: Aaron @ January 2 2013, 9:55 PM GMT

How about Hi-De-Hi!? You Rang, M'Lord?, perhaps?

Jeeves And Wooster. Hancock's Half Hour.

You could find my post in the DVD collection thread and look at some of the titles there that you're not familiar with.

Also worth a browse: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/recommended/

Thanks a lot!