Which sitcom are you into at the moment? Page 2

Quote: lofthouse @ September 20 2012, 6:32 PM BST

Also watching series one of Brittas Empire

Good stuff

I think Brittas Empire is a more than OK show (because of the great Chris Barrie). But am I the only one that thinks that the character Gordon Brittas isn't exactly the walking disaster as the other characters want us to believe.
I mean his wife describes him as a cross between the antichrist and Frank Spencer. But look at her, this cheating, pill swallowing nervous wreck. She could have left him years ago...but she doesn't want to do without his pay cheque. She is the walking desaster imo. I mean, at least Brittas has his heart in the right place.
Same with Victor Meldrew. I mean, maybe he overreacts sometimes...but his complaints are perfectly comprehensible imo.

Both good (Brittas) to great (OFITG) shows...but both main protagonists are much more likeable than David Brent or Alan Partridge.
End of statement... *stop going off topic*

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 21 2012, 9:18 AM BST

She is the walking desaster imo. I mean, at least Brittas has his heart in the right place.

Agree.

I do think they both still genuinely love each other though. (Not that I've watched it for ages. I might change my mind if I watched the whole lot again.)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 21 2012, 9:18 AM BST

But look at her, this cheating, pill swallowing nervous wreck... She is the walking desaster imo.

Hot though.

Pippa Haywood?

Stripped down to her stockings and suspenders in about episode 3

Result!!

I prefer his secretary though

Brum brum

Quote: lofthouse @ September 21 2012, 5:34 PM BST

Pippa Haywood?

Stripped down to her stockings and suspenders in about episode 3

Result!!

I prefer his secretary though

Brum brum

I liked the one with the short blonde hair; looked very sporty...spoke about three full sentences throughout the 7 series. Anyway, wrong thread. ;)

The character Colin was criminally underused...he's one of the funniest characters in any 90s show in my opinion. There were plenty of more laughs within this characters. Instead they wasted too many time with others characters such as the boring gay couple.

Saxondale - Very underrated in my opinion. On a good day, almost on a par with Partridge.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 21 2012, 6:03 PM BST

Anyway, wrong thread. ;)

Here you go: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/7412/

The first series of Pulling. Such a shame it didn't run for longer.

And Keeping Up Appearances. Genius from the late Geoffrey Hughes.

Mainly American stuff because the most the British stuff atm is poor
How I met your mother, Big bang theory, Rules of engagement (can't see it on E4 nowadays)

The British comedy show im watching at the moment is rewatching My family which I have to say I'm loving it, this time around

Lowest common denominator.

My 'in bed' viewing of a night at the moment

After You've Gone
Goodnight Sweetheart
2point4 Children
Fawlty Towers
Absolutely Fabulous

Quote: David Carmon @ November 3 2012, 11:38 PM GMT

My 'in bed' viewing of a night at the moment:

Whatever floats your boat, dude

Yes Minister (Series 1) and The Likely Lads (the surviving episodes)

I love, love Modern Family. It is just so fab. Puts our "My Family" to shame.
Which BTW I hate My Family". The sitcom and sometimes my real fam.

Quote: shaggy292 @ November 4 2012, 11:41 AM GMT

Whatever floats your boat, dude

That's not what I think about hen going to sleep!