The British Comedy Awards Phone-In Scandal

I was somewhat shocked to find that the comedy awards where involved in the scandal as well. I can remember voting for it, but I voted early (for Green Wing, which came last).

I wonder if the result would have been different if these votes had got accepted. Second in the poll was The Catherine Tate Show, and third was Friday Night with Jonathan Ross.

I remember watching it and thinking there was a very big % swing between two of the programmes over a very short space of time. It seemed to change a big chunck over the adverts!

Call 090869696969 you will get me.

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8286784.stm

£80,000 fine to ITV.

Oh no! That's Primeval cancelled again.
;)

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2009, 3:05 PM BST

Oh no! That's Primeval cancelled again.
;)

You'll be reassured to see that Primeval was definitely commissioned on the 29th September. ;)

http://tci.broadcastnow.co.uk/

On-topic, it was frankly an absolute kick in the teeth from TeeVee Land to us "ordinaries" what happened. A fine seems far too lenient. There should have been full disclosure on what actually happened, who made the decisions etc.

We know that. But that was before ITV knew about the fine. zooo is implying that ITV are so poor that £80,000 will cause them to go back on a commission earlier in the week. :)

>_<

It was either this phone-in rip off or a similar one that was perpetrated by a company that has Ant and Dec as executive directors.

Why aren't those two cocks a least pulled in for a going over by plod?

They're supposed to be directors and therefore legally responsible.

Quote: youngian @ October 2 2009, 3:36 PM BST

Why aren't those two cocks a least pulled

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 2 2009, 3:11 PM BST

>_<

I guess you're under the impression that zooo would be glad to hear it's cancelled again.

Quote: Aaron @ October 2 2009, 6:30 PM BST

I guess you're under the impression that zooo would be glad to hear it's cancelled again.

No, irritated at my own misunderstanding... Errr