For The Love Of Ada Page 3

Quote: Wheel @ 2nd August 2020, 5:16 PM

Wasn't in the dvd set was it? Not paying 50 pound for a DVD on amazon for it.

Crikey that's steep!

No, sadly it wasn't released by Network. Keep an eye out though as you should be able to pick it up second hand for just a few quid.

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd August 2020, 5:27 PM

Crikey that's steep!

No, sadly it wasn't released by Network. Keep an eye out though as you should be able to pick it up second hand for just a few quid.

I'm hoping it will get released at some point in the future for a cheaper price! As network released the Man About the House movie didn't they earlier this year and before that the movie was expensive on the original dvd release by whoever it was, the original one was out of print or something i guess that is why the original MATH film dvd release was so expensive, until network released a new version of it this year

Last year, but yes; unfortunately that was involving two very different companies, as both original distributor and archive owner.

In summary: I'd keep an eye out for a reasonably priced second-hand copy rather than wait in hope of a Network release.

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd August 2020, 6:34 PM

In summary: I'd keep an eye out for a reasonably priced second-hand copy rather than wait in hope of a Network release.

Bought one on Ebay sometime ago now, however, to certain things - my box set has come round in my DVD rotation (1 disc at a time - binge watching is a complete anathema to me), and must say am so enjoying this gentle humour.

Wonderful sitcom series. :)

I've never seen it. Is Jack Smethurst's acting any good in this? I didn't think much of it in Love Thy Neighbour.

Quote: john tregorran @ 16th December 2020, 11:53 PM

I've never seen it. Is Jack Smethurst's acting any good in this? I didn't think much of it in Love Thy Neighbour.

Oh...............Yes, he's fine in this, but I've never thought of him as a bad actor.

Well, that's it -finished the box set tonight. Nothing on TV - just some rubbish about "relief" or summat.

Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of Wilfred, Irene and Co. Lovely gentle humour. :)

Starting a re-run of series one on TPTV this Wednesday (28 June) 6pm.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th June 2023, 7:26 AM

Starting a re-run of series one on TPTV this Wednesday (28 June) 6pm.

Yes, and have set my digi-box to record, even though I have the box-set, so it saves me digging it out.

Really love this series, and everyone in it. Always been a big fan of Wilfred and Irene

It was the wedding tonight, so presumably that is the last episode, which is a shame as I do love this gentle sitcom

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th September 2023, 11:23 PM

It was the wedding tonight, so presumably that is the last episode, which is a shame as I do love this gentle sitcom

We're only halfway through yet. There's another two series to come. Series 3 episode 1 is on TPTV next Wednesday at 6:10pm.

It doesn't seem to have followed on automatically in my planner though so I've had to re-input it. And it didn't offer me series record this time so you may want to check it on a weekly basis.

Thank you for that, I will check it out, though my ancient Virgin box doesn't usually let me down.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd September 2023, 12:12 AM

Thank you for that, I will check it out, though my ancient Virgin box doesn't usually let me down.

And it didn't, despite its old age. So all is well.

Coincidence too, as this week was also the wedding in The Royle Family repeats on BBC4 - must be something in the air.