Animal cruelty for comic effect Page 2

Blackadder kicking the kitchen cat in series 3

:(

Let's talk about dog cruelty. I don't mind that. ;)

Quote: zooo @ August 30 2012, 4:41 PM BST

:(

Let's talk about dog cruelty. I don't mind that. ;)

The Trotters unintentionally sedate Marlene's dog!

The stuffed dog in Scrubs makes me feel a bit uneasy.

Wasn't Superhans' snake in Peep Show killed?

The cat in Rising Damp doesn't seem to feel too comfortable all the time.

In "The Holy Grail" animals are used as living canonballs...that was really funny.

In a Bottom episode Richie says that the two of them had to eat a friend's dog because they lost a bet. I don't know if this example fits into this thread.

There are two animal crueltry tropes that have been overused so much, that I never want to see them again. I wish these writers would stop flogging a dead horse come up with something new -

1. New Boyfriend kills beloved pet - throws ball out of window and dog jumps, sits down on dog / cat, electrifies fish in tank, etc.

2. Small dog bites man on nuts and won't let go.

My two favourites though are -

1. Horse having heart attack in Animal House

2. The Peep Show dog barbeque

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 30 2012, 5:17 PM BST

1. New Boyfriend kills beloved pet

2. The Peep Show dog barbeque

:D I love Peep Show.

x

throws ball out of window and dog jumps,

Reminds me of "National Lampoon's European Vacation": Clarke Griswold throws his son's beret from the Eiffel Towers and a dog jumps to catch it.

also Clarke Griswold, but the first movie: He forgets that he tied the dog to the bumper bar earlier...you can guess the rest.

How about "The Worst Week of My Life" where the dog gets caught in the cement mixer. I (almost) pissed myself laughing.

Taking the risk of causing zooo pain did someone mention the cat in the freezer in "One Foot In The Grave"?

Or in "The Simpsons" where they testet the big catapult with a cat.

The fish in the blender in 2 Point 4 children which is then followed by a sketch by Ben about how no animals were harmed in the making of the scene. The fish then gets microwaved.

"Hot Shots 2" where the Charlie Sheen character uses a chicken as an arrow and shoots someone with it.

Quote: Tursiops @ August 30 2012, 3:52 PM BST

My vote goes to the scene in Belleville Rendezvous where the old lady uses her dog as makeshift spare tyre. (A scene inexplicably cut from the DVD release).

:D

In "Watership Alan" the pissed off farmers attack Partridge with a dead cow.