Worst comedy Page 19

Hmm, na I think she's an acquired taste for certain, she's not a cerebral comedian but a simple class clown. Not a bad one I don't think, but not a very creative one either, definitely not a female Benny Hill. She's worked hard and been flexible and amiable, but I don't think her talent quota is high. Many people just like her and some identify with her, that's been the key to her success, not any great craft or creativity, as I see it anyway. Can't see her lasting a very long time tbh.

She's a clown but compare her to say Rik Mayall or French and Saunders and she pails.

And she's so bloody smug with it.

Those uppity women should know their place.

Yes and it's on the TV if they are funny. I find neither of the above funny enough to have their own primetime shows, personally. I know some find them funny but I don't think either are good enough, in a good year, that is. Now is not a great time for TV comedy so both shows look better than they actually are. And both are heavily propped up by supporting writers. French & Saunders on the other hand have always made good shows that merited their slots, and oh, I think they might be women. Yes, yes they are. :)

I've never heard you compliment a woman before, Alfred. I shall have to go and have a lie down.
;)

I love the way that people involved in comedy tend to see no merit in Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boy, Michael McIntyre, Peter Kay, etc and then wonder why they can't make successful, populist comedy shows.

When are you going to drop this feud with Stewart Lee, Tony?!

Quote: zooo @ 26th December 2013, 10:42 AM GMT

Those uppity women should know their place.

I'm not sure who that's aimed at, but it's not fair.

I don't like her for the same reason I don't like a whole bunch of male comedians.

I just find her twee and well not funny.

That God awful 5 minute 4th wall thing she does on every episode.

It was vaguely aimed at Alfred, he's got previous.
But I wasn't being entirely serious, obviously.

Oopsthat's alright then

Quote: Ben @ 26th December 2013, 6:54 PM GMT

When are you going to drop this feud with Stewart Lee, Tony?!

Laughing out loud

Still Open All Hours was a shambles.
Time for David Jason to retire, what more proof do we need that another episode of OFAH should never be made. This great comedy actor should leave his legacy alone.

Quote: zooo @ 26th December 2013, 12:07 PM GMT

I've never heard you compliment a woman before, Alfred. I shall have to go and have a lie down with you.
;)

Phwoor eh, shows what niceness gets you kipper

I'm Alan Patridge, the worst sitcom ever. Boring, stupid and very unfunny. Seriously why does anyone like it?

Because it's exciting, intelligent and very funny.